Portable lithium jump starter

Seeing which portable lithium jump starters will jump a dead 250 as bought one and tried it with 100% charge....click, click, click.
    Returning it today.

Thank you for your help.
    Where are the BIG ones? When are we going?
    LOOKING for a Great deal on a Slightly used 20-21' Boat.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Think about it this way: The 250 Verado requires 800 CCA for the ENGINE ALONE.

If the battery is really THAT dead... you will need to charge, or replace the cranking battery. "Jump Starters" are NOT "Battery Replacements" (they are designed as an emergency "helper" for a battery that might be slightly weak or partially discharged).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    I was wanting something that if completely dead (power switch got left on) then I can still start it at the ramp to go fishing....

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigguyone View Post
    I was wanting something that if completely dead (power switch got left on) then I can still start it at the ramp to go fishing....
    Wouldn't it be easier to just make sure the switch gets turned off?

5. Member
    there is always that random time where something gets hit on accident or buddy borrows boat and misses shutting off, etc.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Can't safely operate a Verado (Digital Throttle and Shift) engine without a charged battery online.

If you were to plug it in a day ahead of time... shouldn't be a problem.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    I have trilling motor batteries so I carry jumper cables, that way I have 2 spare batteries, hopefully one out of three would be charged. And if I had to I could remove and replace dead battery with trolling motor battery if it wouldn't charge with motor.