99' 225 FICHT value (one cylinder seized)

I didn't want to own a FICHT, but... I got one now. Came across one hell of a deal on a boat that has blown 225 FICHT. Was a daily fresh rebuild. I think the owner may have over rev'd it. Threw a rod through the bottom end.

a quick Craigslist search, I found another one of this motors on Craigslist. All the controls, Hotfoot, trim etc.. owners says one cyclinder is locked. It hasn't been looked into.

Owner said "make me an offer". So I'm wondering what is a fair price to offer for Craigslist motor? I know it will be a huge undertaking to attempt merge the two motors. I also know there are many unknown issues at this time. Let's just assume the model numbers match etc. Just trying to get a fair value so I can make a relative low risk offer.

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Free would be good.

3. Member
    Please disregard this post. I thought the one I bought was a FICHT. It's not. But it does have a hole in the bottom case.

4. Member
    My motor is J225STLEDE

but it has a FICHT cowl over it.

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    That would be a 1996. Just to verify pull the cover off, if there are carbs on it not a ficht.

6. Member
    It definitely has carbs. Seems to have some mods on it also. Kind of curious about the heads on this unit. They look really different.

There were no 225 HP FICHTS until 1999 and your engine model number is for a 1996 carbureted motor.
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !