Thread: Garmin won

Garmin won

Garmin won Lowrance patent case.
    More later.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

I just read the ruling. Navico/lowrance sure come across like criminals once the facts came out, having invalid patents in the first place. I'm glad Garmin stuck with the Federal appeal and exposed Navico.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

3. Member
    I never thought the lawsuit or the Lowrance patent was legit from the beginning and have said so on this board. All Lowrance did was take a Humminbird technology (side imaging) and point the transducer element down and call it DownScan. Same exact frequency, same type cone, same processing same, same, same. They should never have been given the patent. Now the court ruled their patents were invalid, not based on my logic, but similar logic that it was actually prior art (Tucker, Betts) and that it would be obvious to a person of ordinary skill in the pertinent art.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.