Bimini top on bass boat

Thinking about adding a little shade for relaxing and trolling during the summer months, anybody have any pics or recommendations? Thanks

2. Member
    I'd go for an umbrella hat...I've also tied umbrellas to the back of the seats on a 12t bass boat.
    2005 206
    BRP 225 H.O. (E225DHLSOF)
    Fury 4 24p @ 5,750 fully loaded

I have a Carver three bow with Sunbrella fabric on my aluminum rig. It has aluminum double wall tube and stainless hardware. I recommend for a bass boat to size it to fit inside the gunnels and around the perimeter of the back deck. Also recommend using 4 straps and letting it lay flat on the deck instead of ridged rear supports or else it is going to interfere with the back deck fisherman. They recommend no more than 35mph with it up. I have ran that and a bit more with no problems.

4. Member
    My wife had one on her deck boat. It was more of a PITA than any good. Noon was the only time it offered much if any shade.

5. Member
    Don't have one on my bass boat, but I have an 8' x 8' 4 bow on my saltwater boat (20' Pro Line). Wouldn't be without it here in Florida, as it makes a HUGE difference in how long you can stay out in comfort. Gives LOTS of shade and even shelter from rain when needed. Does it get in the way when casting? Yep, sometimes...but more than likely I wouldn't be out there if I didn't have it, so for me it's worth the trade-off.
    BOB GASKINS TARPON SPRINGS,FL
    07 TR186 150 OPTI

6. Member
    We added a Carver to our Z520ci a few months ago. My wife and Brady, our young Golden, like being under there when it gets hot. If you replace the factory fasteners with pins, you can take it off in 3 mins. Lots of afternoon storms in eastern NC, so it comes in handy for that as well.
    Last edited by Natch64; 06-17-2017 at 07:46 PM.
    "Semper Fi"
    USMC (ret)

7. Member
    Well another option is the Taylor Made Anchor Shade III thats like an umbrella 6ft all around ties to the cleats and pops up for sun protection.
    I used to be out there getting that skin burn but learned to avoid direct exposure when not moving. Cant take the heat like i use to.
    Link to West Marine for items in different colors.
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. Member
    Guy in one of my clubs uses one. It works for them.

9. Member
    I have a Taylor Made Anchor Shade for my boat, one thing to add, get an umbrella holder from Academy to anchor the pole in, it works better.
    2013 A211 250 Pro XS
    Bob"s 10" Action Series Hydraulic Jack Plate
    2-8' Power Poles

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeterbait View Post
    I have a Carver three bow with Sunbrella fabric on my aluminum rig. It has aluminum double wall tube and stainless hardware. I recommend for a bass boat to size it to fit inside the gunnels and around the perimeter of the back deck. Also recommend using 4 straps and letting it lay flat on the deck instead of ridged rear supports or else it is going to interfere with the back deck fisherman. They recommend no more than 35mph with it up. I have ran that and a bit more with no problems.

Wow!!! I like that. Nice addition for the heat. I am getting old
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JINXBASS View Post
    Wow!!! I like that. Nice addition for the heat. I am getting old
    I had the same reaction LOL. It's a nice way to get out of the sun for a few minutes without going to the ramp.
    Last edited by Whiteboat; 06-15-2017 at 04:53 AM.

After two heart attacks and a round of cancer, it comes in pretty handy on Texas summer days. I have it mounted to the hand rails. All lids can still be opened with it down or up. Don't have a pic with it up but can go about 40 mph.
    TX1403AD.13.jpg

P01135809

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LunkerLord View Post
    Well another option is the Taylor Made Anchor Shade III thats like an umbrella 6ft all around ties to the cleats and pops up for sun protection.
    I used to be out there getting that skin burn but learned to avoid direct exposure when not moving. Cant take the heat like i use to.
    Link to West Marine for items in different colors.
    That's what I have. Works pretty good, just can't be moving with it up like a regular bimini.

14. Member
    I am pro-bimini top

15. BBC SPONSOR

that looks great. I am fixin to pick up my RT198P here pretty quick and would love this option. did you install it yourself?
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

Yes, it comes as a complete kit already sized for the RT188 from this supplier. http://www.websweeper.com/biminitops/id-28677
    I did choose to shorten my main bow about 5 inches and reattach the hardware with stainless steel pop rivets. Shortening the main bow gave a little better shade coverage and moved the attachment point on the gunnel back a little.

17. BBC SPONSOR
    Yes, it comes as a complete kit already sized for the RT188 from this supplier. http://www.websweeper.com/biminitops/id-28677
    I did choose to shorten my main bow about 5 inches and reattach the hardware with stainless steel pop rivets. Shortening the main bow gave a little better shade coverage and moved the attachment point on the gunnel back a little.
    Easy install? I am not a rivet guy thats for sure LOL but I can drill holes.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

Decide where you want it, get someone to help raise and lower it to make sure there are no obstructions and it deploys where you want it. Measure and mark and then measure again to confirm. Then drill and install the self taping screws. Make sure you have a well fitting screw driver with a high torque grip to install the screws. The aluminum in the gunnel is thick and it takes some effort to drive the screws in the first time. I find with self taping screws that it works best to drive a little and back out over and over to let the threads clean out. Make sure to use the correct bit size and use tape over the install locations while drilling to prevent paint scratches should you slip. If you decide you want to shorten the main bow do it before you mount it because it will effect where on the gunnel you will place the mounts. A tubing cutter and a pop rivet gun make it easy but be sure to use stainless steel rivets. Aluminum rivets are not strong enough.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    That's what I have. Works pretty good, just can't be moving with it up like a regular bimini.
    Thats only when i have to stay in the same location for awhile. I had a bimini on another boat that helped even when running.
    Otherwise i will cool off when running down the lake without shade.