Panoptix problem. " No transducer detected"

I have started having this problem with my 93sv very often. Every trip now, It will come and go, and I can shut the unit down sometimes and power it back up and it works fine. (Not all the time though) Anyone else had this problem? I need to call Garmin soon as I get a spare minute. Thanks

2. Member
    Something very elementary, but have you checked the connection on the back of the unit? They will work loose, espec if the split nut hasn't been applied to the plug. If you leave yours mounted it is possible to have vibrated loose while traveling.

3. Member
    I was having that problem off and on for a few weeks. Went back and forth with Garmin engineers testing EVERYTHING. Ended up being a dirty electrical connection. I was just using a wire nut to connect + and - wires and was fine for along time. I rewired all of my electronics to a dedicated fuse block and haven't had a problem since.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

4. Member
    I have checked connections, I had convinced myself since I could power the unit off and back on and the problem was gone it was something else. But for the sake of checking I will rewire. I know The connection to the back of the unit is good though i checked it on the water.

It also has another problem I'm not sure is related, it will lose itself to where it keeps searching on the screen and never finds bottom with panoptix if that makes sense. It's very odd.

5. Member
    Have you up-dated to the newest software in the 93 and the Panoptix? When you up-date the 93, the Panoptix must also be plugged in and powered ON.
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ring fry View Post
    I was having that problem off and on for a few weeks. Went back and forth with Garmin engineers testing EVERYTHING. Ended up being a dirty electrical connection. I was just using a wire nut to connect + and - wires and was fine for along time. I rewired all of my electronics to a dedicated fuse block and haven't had a problem since.

SE Kansas grass grower
    This is what I must do. Someone told me it's called dirty power. You are getting power but with running so much stuff it's not clean power. Will add a fuse box to mine also.

Quote Originally Posted by coachallen View Post
    This is what I must do. Someone told me it's called dirty power. You are getting power but with running so much stuff it's not clean power. Will add a fuse box to mine also.
    Yes, I noticed on your screenshots on the other thread that your input voltage to the unit was 10-10.9, which is very low and at the point that it could cause issues for sure. Clean, adequate power is so important for these units.
    Garmin Pro Team

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    Yes, I noticed on your screenshots on the other thread that your input voltage to the unit was 10-10.9, which is very low and at the point that it could cause issues for sure. Clean, adequate power is so important for these units.
    So if my voltage on the unit is reading good, then power is most likely not the issue? Everything else with the unit works fine. Just panoptix being the issue.

9. Member
    i added a separate circuit box and ran 10ga to the battery and have that dedicated for my electronics - keeps me from having a bunch of wiring going all the way back to the battery or - worse yet, having my electronics blink off when i start the motor, or having any interference from the main box.

what you are seeing is:
    - at the bottom of the pic, a manual reset 20amp circuit breaker 10ga in, 10 ga out- that is the power coming from the main battery via a unused switch on the console. The console switch (not pictured) has 10ga going straight to the battery, so it is not tied into the main circuit at all
    - on the circuit box i have 2-5amp fuses depending on the draw of the unit.
    - lower right is a yellow inline fuse that came with the garmin 93sv graph. It isn't necessary to have it there since i have a fuse just above it on the circuit box, but i left it in place because i was lazy and didn't want to tear into the factory shielding for the power harness to remove it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    --------------
    97 Charger 186TF, 96 Johnny 150 Fast Strike, 23 Renegade

10. Banned
    where did you get your circuit box? Someone told bass pro but that's far from me.

11. Member
    where did you get your circuit box? Someone told bass pro but that's far from me.
    i ordered it online ... lemme check ... yeah ordered it from Mar-Lan industries over in Carrolton. They sale direct to the public on ebay, marlanindustries. only took a day or two to get it in my mailbox being here in dallas.

The one i installed is Blue Sea Fuse Block 5025 - 6 Circuits, Cover, Ground Bar
    --------------
    97 Charger 186TF, 96 Johnny 150 Fast Strike, 23 Renegade

12. Member
    Amazon carries everything BlueSea.

13. Member
    I used the exact one Ted used.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

14. Member
    You should also be able to find marine grade fuse blocks at West Marine, Cabellas, Bass Pro and most marine dealers. You will get better pricing on-line of course.

15. Member
    I would also run a separate pair of wires to the Panoptics TD, rather than spice into the same wire pair going to the unit (if you haven't done that already).
    ><((((º>`·._ .·´¯><((((º>`·. _ .·´¯·. ><((((º>

Are you sure the TD is always under water? I noticed in my small 15' boat that when I had an angler in back the bow would rise up. Also waves

17. Member
    Being under water or not could easily mess up the image on screen, but shouldnt make any difference as far as being detected by the MFD. That pretty much has to be a connection or power issue. There is a remote chance its a software miss-match issue if he hasnt ever up-dated the Panoptix and MFD software or left the Panoptix off or unplugged when doing an up-date. I havent heard of the software causing this particular problem, but who knows. Its an easy thing to check in the settings.

18. Member
    Just to update everyone, after trying everything I called garmin, tried a few more things they suggested then they determined the problem was in the transducer itself. I got the new one in hooked it up the same way as the old and it worked perfect. The old one had got to the point where it hadn't worked in multiple trips.

19. Member

Thumbs Up

Cool!!

ROCK CHALK

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Martin View Post
    i added a separate circuit box and ran 10ga to the battery and have that dedicated for my electronics - keeps me from having a bunch of wiring going all the way back to the battery or - worse yet, having my electronics blink off when i start the motor, or having any interference from the main box.

what you are seeing is:
    - at the bottom of the pic, a manual reset 20amp circuit breaker 10ga in, 10 ga out- that is the power coming from the main battery via a unused switch on the console. The console switch (not pictured) has 10ga going straight to the battery, so it is not tied into the main circuit at all
    - on the circuit box i have 2-5amp fuses depending on the draw of the unit.
    - lower right is a yellow inline fuse that came with the garmin 93sv graph. It isn't necessary to have it there since i have a fuse just above it on the circuit box, but i left it in place because i was lazy and didn't want to tear into the factory shielding for the power harness to remove it.
    This is how all marine electronics should be set up. Stock dash and bow power is okay at best. Dedicated power from the battery is clean. The Blue seas fuse panel is the cats meow!
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,