Thread: Duracell

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Do not forget to charge it occasionally with a good charger. Most of us do not get enough main motor time to recharge a main battery. I've had mine three years no problems, but I slap a 10 amp charger on it if I fish a tournament without a lot of run time.

I left her the wing nuts on the back of the boat....Geez

Just kidding her mom has the membership and was going with her, and knows everybody their by name. She owns a couple restaurants so she is always their and has the business membership so they can go early.

But I may have her hold off and try batteries plus right down the road from Sams when I get off the boat, I guess I can load it bye myself but shes still puttin it in my boat

Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    Do not forget to charge it occasionally with a good charger. Most of us do not get enough main motor time to recharge a main battery. I've had mine three years no problems, but I slap a 10 amp charger on it if I fish a tournament without a lot of run time.
    That is all I use is a MK330 pc charger

Iv got that battery. I run a 225 pro xs, HDS 12, HDS 9, and HDS 7 and iv never had an issue

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

Quote Originally Posted by autigerz View Post
    If you buy the Duracell Platinum through Batteries Plus, which you have in your area, you get an extra year's warranty vs Sams warrranty, plus hopefully fresher batteries.
    https://www.batteriesplus.com/batter.../sli31dtmagmdc
    Is this the one your talking about? I do see it has a better warranty and will only be about $20 or so more. And is it the same as this one?
    https://m.samsclub.com/ip/duracell-a...rine-batteries

6. Member
    10% discount at Batteries and Bulbs if you order and pay online, then pickup at the store.

I paid $215 each plus tax for type 31 agm with 210 min reserve. 5 yr warranty . Duracell.

take two old batteries in to avoid the core charges.
    2016 Tracker ProTeam 195 TXW
    Mercury 150 L EFI 4-stroke
    Twin Helix 9 SI GPS
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 w/iPilot Link
    Easy Step

7. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    The odds of a battery failing between 18 and 30 months are so small that the extra warranty has virtually zero value. Almost all battery failures are going to be 0-3months. No way I'm paying $27 more for the extra year.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

8. Member
    Yes that is what I use for my trolling setup (3). I use the X2 battery sold by Batteries Plus (made by Northstar) for cranking and my electronics. That's a 75 lber and a whole lot o' fun to lift into the boat. I use the Minn Kota 460 PC charger to keep them charged.

Do you use the x2 65 series or 31 series?

And I just lost a PM1 battery at 39 months so Im sure it could fail between 18 and 30 months just as easy?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lil red 02 View Post
    https://www.batteriesplus.com/batter.../sli31dtmagmdc
    Is this the one your talking about? I do see it has a better warranty and will only be about $20 or so more. And is it the same as this one?
    https://m.samsclub.com/ip/duracell-a...rine-batteries
    What are the RC amps rating on the battery at ...batteries plus ???you want as many as cranking ?

11. Member
    Opened up a Sams Club credit card and received 40 dollars off the battery. Score!

Quote Originally Posted by rchavis View Post
    What are the RC amps rating on the battery at ...batteries plus ???you want as many as cranking ?
    Not Sure about the RC

13. Member
    The Sam's Duracell and Batteries Plus 31DTMAGMDC are both rebadged Deka/East Penn 8A31DTM's with 210 minutes of RC at 25 amps and 800 cca's. 20 hour capacity is 105 amp hours.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    The Sam's Duracell and Batteries Plus 31DTMAGMDC are both rebadged Deka/East Penn 8A31DTM's with 210 minutes of RC at 25 amps and 800 cca's. 20 hour capacity is 105 amp hours.
    Thats good most people need 190- RC or more to make it thru the day (210 ) should plenty ,,,,,a lot of batteries fall short on the RC amps

15. Member
    I have a Duracell for my troller in my tin rig. Great battery so far--installed this past February.

16. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    I have the Deka version of that battery. I can run 2 Lowrance GPS units, two Minn Kota Talons and livewell pumps with no issues. When fishing in hard to reach places I may go 2 or more hours without cranking the motor. Plus I may not run the motor much throughout the day and it has always had the power to crank my motor even when running a lot of accessories. Another thing I would add is make sure your battery charger is capable of charging an AGM battery. "Most" new battery chargers can but there are some chargers that do not have the right charging profile for an AGM battery.

Good to hear I was worried about only having 800 CCA when Don weed says 1000. And I have a 330 minn kota so thats fine...the weird part is one of my tollers went bad so I shuffled them 2 have the good pm1s there and the duracell will be my cranker. Im sure my PM1s wont be long for tje world either

18. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    it has 1000 MCA...marine cranking amps are rated above 32*....CCA is rated below 32*

19. Member
    Don't understand the love for the x2 which is the same as the sears pm1. I've read way to much on here about these batteries dying around the 36month mark. For the price you can get 2 31 series agm duracells
    Nitro z21

Quote Originally Posted by jasonG View Post
    Don't understand the love for the x2 which is the same as the sears pm1. I've read way to much on here about these batteries dying around the 36month mark. For the price you can get 2 31 series agm duracells
    My last PM-1 lasted 7 years and was still in the boat when I traded it
    I had just began to see signs of it weakening
    My last fishing trip was 8.5 hours of tournament fishing with 2 HDS depth finders, SS, and two livewells full

I wish they were still available

I jut bought this for my new boat
    http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/exid...marine-battery

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast