Thread: Lake Fork

Lake Fork

The week leading up to the tournament as well as the the weekend of the the tournament were near perfect. 70 degrees in the morning and 85 at the end of the day, and just enough wind in the morning to keep the bugs down. Later each day we found the wind to be 10 to 15 on Sat. And a bit stronger on Sunday.

I believe I heard there were something close to 1700+ entries in the tournament.

They say that the lake fished tough from what we heard at the weigh-ins. The tournament was only a day and a half, and we caught 30+ fish. They were on top waters early but quickly switched to mid-water type lures as soon as the sunlight hit the water. We had them blowing on top water frogs on both mornings, better on Sunday. I think that might have been a location thing. Floating Rapalas and small swimming flukes took some good mid day bites. Spinner baits and bigger swim-baits at 3 to 5 feet were the all round best though.

I still tried to force the top water pattern as long as I could. Nothing like a good top water attack. To limit the photos was tough so bare with me. Here are the best, and weirdest of them.....

And then you have the weird stuff .....

And then if you guys know about the slot on Fork you understand the pain of this one

That 24" mark is sure a hard one to reach. We also caught fish that were at 16 1/8".

Better Luck Next Time !!!
    Jeff, and Rheba Johnson
    AND COOPER
    2009 BEE LINE 294 by Phoenix
    2009 150 MERC OPTIMAX

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Some nice ones in there, Jeff ... is that more than one with chewed up tails? Also I assume that is a grinnel and not a snake head.

3. Fishwhisperer Thefisherman64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    Some nice ones in there, Jeff ... is that more than one with chewed up tails? Also I assume that is a grinnel and not a snake head.
    That is exactly what we saw too. Tails were torn up still
    Jeff, and Rheba Johnson
    AND COOPER
    2009 150 MERC OPTIMAX

4. Member
    Good job Jeff ��

5. Member
    That grinnel had to feel like a kite in a hurricane.

6. Fishwhisperer Thefisherman64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TX Strampion View Post
    That grinnel had to feel like a kite in a hurricane.
    That Grennel weighed 6.2 lbs by my scale. I caught it punching a mat with a 1.25 oz tungston weight and a poco craw. I didn't see it til I wrangled the 40 pounds of alligator grass off.
    Jeff, and Rheba Johnson
    AND COOPER
    2009 150 MERC OPTIMAX

7. Member
    Great pics! Looks like you guys didn't know it was a tough day, haha! Every pic you look like you were surprised too. Like, Who me? I just caught a fish, no reason to bust out the camera - i do it every day!

Thanks for sharing!
    Need a new bow step pad for your boat? Do what I did!
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=712307

Are your boat seats trashed? Fix them yourself and save $1000!
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=754944