Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New to Legend. With some Questions.

I had just bought this 07 LE21 DCX last week.

This is the setup.

07 225 Merc Opti Pro xs.
    8 inch Detwiler Hydraulic Jack plate.
    25p Trophy plus, 4 blade prop.

Have not measured pad to prop yet. Havent had a chance to set the hydraulic jackplate. Only been out twice. The boat comes out of the hole great, but lacks its top speed. And ran out to 6k pretty quickly.

Does this prop seem right to you guys? I have had two people tell me to switch over to a 3 blade. But unsure of which one and which pitch. With so many different combo's in the "setups" sub forum, I thought I would try to condense it to just my boat.

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Banned
    6K I think max rpm range is supposed to be 5500-5800, if you really ran her past 6000 your engine might not be long for this world.

My 07 225 would hit the rev limiter at 6250
    Ricky Rutherford
    2017 Legend V20
    2017 250 Pro XS

4. Member
    I heard it sound high, looked at the tach and backed it down. It wasnt at 6k hardly at all. Kinda weird about keeping an eye on the tech and an ear on the motor. Used to my race car.

I did find a Tempest 26p from a local place. Waiting to see how much monies they want for it.

Gonna measure the pad to prop tonight when I get home. Also have to replace the stupid water pressure line to the gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by waco oso View Post
    6K I think max rpm range is supposed to be 5500-5800, if you really ran her past 6000 your engine might not be long for this world.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Rick View Post
    My 07 225 would hit the rev limiter at 6250
    May be different depending model/year, I would consult mercury...

My 07 Mercury 225 is rated for 5750 I think and would beep at you when you got around 5700. I was running a 25 tempest when it did that. I swtiched to a 26 tempest and everything was really good with that prop. I now run a 25 Fury and am very happy with all performance.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowa Bass Hunter View Post
    My 07 Mercury 225 is rated for 5750 I think and would beep at you when you got around 5700. I was running a 25 tempest when it did that. I swtiched to a 26 tempest and everything was really good with that prop. I now run a 25 Fury and am very happy with all performance.
    Box stock prop, or was it worked over by someone?

Quote Originally Posted by Facemelter View Post
    Box stock prop, or was it worked over by someone?
    Stock outta the box. I've never had a prop worked

9. Member
    I have 07 225 pro xs with tempest 26p and I usually can get about 5500 rpms out of it. The other day with full tank of gas and two I topped out around 69 gps. Figured I could get more out of it, but maybe it was the Texas heat.

10. Banned
    Mine tops out at 5750 RPM, 3.25" prop to pad.

11. Member
    I'll be out tomorrow morning and give it another go. Have not picked up the tempest 26p I looked at. Waiting to see if I need it or not. Just unsure about this trophy plus.

12. Member
    Next question. I'll just use the same thread for these. Hope you guys can help me.

I have three pumps in the back in front of the fuel tank. The one closest to the starboard side has three water line connections. What does this pump operate? One of the lines is off and I need to know what this operates before I plug it back in so I know what to look for.

Had a friend stick his hand down there and I turned the bilge and livewell on one at a time. he couldn't figure out which was what.

13. Member
    The pump on the starboard side is your livewell pump that is connected to the recirc/empty/auto switch at the helm. The pump fills your livewells, recirculates the water that is already in your livewell, or pumps water out of the livewells(if the nozzle in the livewell is pulled out).

The pump on the port side is your fresh water pump which only pumps water into the livewell.

The bilge pump is lowest pump and should be attached to the float switch. (Only one hose attached).

14. Banned
    Yes, if you reach in the livewell and pull on the spray nozzle it will go from recirculating the water to pump out, I use it to fill my weigh bag at the back of the boat if trailering to a tourney weigh-in.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by waco oso View Post
    Yes, if you reach in the livewell and pull on the spray nozzle it will go from recirculating the water to pump out, I use it to fill my weigh bag at the back of the boat if trailering to a tourney weigh-in.

This intrigues me. So I reach into the livewell, pull on the spray nozzle at the top of the livewell, and it changes from recirc, to pump out? Trying this when I get home.

I did manage to lift my heavy carcass into the back of the compartment and connect the pump. It was the pump in for the livewell as T-Rig said. Just needed snapped in. I guess they forgot to hook it back up when they installed the transducer down there.

Next on the list is the Smartcraft. Anyone know for certain what size tank I have in this thing? Did they all come with a standard sized tank? I could measure it and do some math if I have to, but I am unsure if it is a square tank. If I have to I can ohm out the sender and divide it and have a friend help me to set the limits on the smartcraft.

After that I am tackling the dim rope lighting in the front compartments.

Thanks again for the help guys. I am coming from a 17 foot Quantum fish and ski that I did a lot of work to, only to realize it wasn't what I was after.

Quote Originally Posted by Facemelter View Post
    This intrigues me. So I reach into the livewell, pull on the spray nozzle at the top of the livewell, and it changes from recirc, to pump out? Trying this when I get home.

I did manage to lift my heavy carcass into the back of the compartment and connect the pump. It was the pump in for the livewell as T-Rig said. Just needed snapped in. I guess they forgot to hook it back up when they installed the transducer down there.

Next on the list is the Smartcraft. Anyone know for certain what size tank I have in this thing? Did they all come with a standard sized tank? I could measure it and do some math if I have to, but I am unsure if it is a square tank. If I have to I can ohm out the sender and divide it and have a friend help me to set the limits on the smartcraft.

After that I am tackling the dim rope lighting in the front compartments.

Thanks again for the help guys. I am coming from a 17 foot Quantum fish and ski that I did a lot of work to, only to realize it wasn't what I was after.
    The tank should have a label on it. Mine does on my 199. Says 35 gallon

17. Member
    Not sure on size of tank. Some LE's came with dual tanks with one being located in the back which is the one you can see. The other is mounted under the seat area. If you have dual tanks there will be a large switch on the back of the boat which reads Main/Off/Aux or something along those lines.

18. Member
    I do not see the large switch. And this boat has a hotfoot, I would hope it doesn't have the second tank. haha.

I'll have a look at the tank and see if I can locate a label and pull that fuel level sender out and calibrate the smartcraft.

19. Member

Attached Images Attached Images

nice looking rig

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast