Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Thank you Iowa.

For some reason my edit didnt stick.

Replaced the ignition switch. Something I do to most of my vehicles and boats. Just makes it mine is my way of thinking. Replaced the flimsy rubber hose to the water pressure gauge with a nice 5/32 nylon pushlock hose. Bought and learned everything I could about the NGK plugs. Looking at replacing the stupid Garmin 178c in the console for something that actually works. Or replace it entirely with more gauges or something. Still learning about the livewell functions, a lot of interesting stuff with that. Replaced the trailer 5 pin. They (whoever did it) had the trailer 5 pin to a 7 pin jumper. I removed the 5 pin and hard wired a 7 pin onto it and fixed the butchered wiring at the nose of the trailer. Got all the lights working except for the "ride with a legend" light. Which, doing some reading on here is some type of chemlight that heats up and produces a back light for the face of it. Going to take a look at those and see if its wiring related or if the light itself has pooped out. The only other thing with the lights is the reverse lighting. It leaves a lot to be desired. The LED's just are not very bright.

Trailer also has Oil bath hubs. Started replacing the oil in them as the stuff in it, is pretty black and smells like bigfoot filled up a diaper.

Took it out last weekend. Full tank of fuel, co-angler, and me messing with the jack plate, got it to 66 and some change before I had to let out of it. Still getting used to this whole jack plate thing. Never had one. Runs great and handles wonderful on the water.

2. Member
    Do your self a favor if you have a gauge on your hydraulic plate and measure your prop to pad and mark the plate or remember the number on the gauge for 3" under so you have some idea how high your actually running prop to pad. If you run that trophy above 2" under much it will turn into a 3 blade right fast. I'd get a 25" tempest to test on it. WOT is 6000 rpm's and you should get a beep then with the limiter at 6200.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Facemelter View Post

looks just like mine!!

4. Member
    OK. Back at it.

My neighbors ranger while on his trailer can have the engine trimmed all the way down and still have room to run it down the road before the skeg even comes close to hitting. Guess the trailers ride higher.

Anyway. This comes to my question.

How are you guys measuring prop to pad height? I cant trim this down far enough without the skeg hitting.

5. Banned
    ur not supposed to trailer with the engine trimmed down

6. Member
    That was just a comparison. He can measure prop to pad with it on the trailer, I cant. I run a transom saver anyway.

7. Member
    Ok, reviving this thing.

Took the Trophy plus off. Swapped it for a new Fury 3 blade. This thing is a rocket out of the hole. Top speed was nearing 70 when I got out of it, with co-angler. Found out the steering cylinder just about crapped out that day.

About that cylinder. If you have a Seastar 5345 on your Merc. Get rid of it and upgrade to a Pro or U-flex.

About Seastar. I emailed seastar on monday about parts for my 5345 when the fella from Seastar informed me that the 5345 is not made to handle the Proxs motors. Upgrade to a Pro. I seriously thought about just ebaying a U-flex or buying the Merc branded one from Don. Ended up talking to a buddy who had a new takeoff Seastar pro for a hell of a good price. But, his didnt have any brackets, just the mount plate for the tiller bolt. Got a hold of seastar again and he is sending me all new hardware with the upgraded ARP tiller bolt for free.
    07 Legend LE-21__Sold.
    16 Phoenix 921 Pro xp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12