1988 Stratos Bass Boat

What model Stratos Bass Boat is this? Recently acquired my fathers boat, but wondering of the model. It has faint lettering in the upper part of the boat, but I can't make out what the decals used to say.

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    That's a 179V if it is 17' 6" or a 189V ....that was a 19 foot boat rated for a 200 HP engine .Then the 201 Pro came out in 1988 ,which was a 20 foot'r and it was wider and was rated for a 235 HP engine . Looks like it has been kept up .

3. Member
    Thanks for the information. Im currently trying to get it ready for the water again, it's been a few years since it's been used regularly. I was able to get it running this past weekend, but it's gonna need some new batteries, and trailer tires. I have noticed the floor is a little soft, so not sure what it's going to take to fix that. I've read some post on here that have me worried about what I might find when I start digging a little further.

4. Member
    Where is it soft at . You going to have to cut it and see what going on . My 201 i had to cut a section out around the drain and repair it . Take a hammer and tap around the area that soft until you hear i diff sound or soild tum . Then you want to cut out a 6 inch pass the bad wood .
    Where the spot is ,just pass the bad wood drill a hole in the floor to fine out how thick the plywood is so you can adjust your saw blade a tad higher ?
    I am at work now has to go...will check back a littler later ...if you have any question feel free to ask me ,here or a PM .

5. Member
    Change the lower unit grease also and the fuel filter and plugs and try to get all the oil gas out . You will want to change the gas line from the tank to motor with the new EPA approve lines . And do a feel test on the line 's under the cowling for hard and leaking ?
    O Relliy Auto Parts has the plugs alot less than any where down here ?

6. Member
    The floor is what i consider really soft about 6"-8" in front of the drain towards the rod locker, but I can see movement in the floor from the drain to probably a quarter the way up the rod locker. The really soft spot is only about the shape of a softball or so. How long do I have before I need to address the floor? I was thinking about getting the boat ready to fish late summer and fall, then work on the floor during this upcoming winter.

7. Member
    Just kept a eye on it .and if it get worst , then you will have to start then. I would try to keep it dry and out of the rain ?

8. Member
    Also use some good expoy resin and glass when repair it and seal all the new wood back and front and sides .You want to pull the front panel and check it also and seal and the wood in the TM tray ? Back in the day they just cut the holes and didn't seal the wood .

The floor problem came from the floor drain where they drill and didn't seal the wood .At least mind did , because it was all ways under a shed and a cover on it . When i install my TM tray was when i pull the front panel i caught the bad wood on the panel . The front deck was thick and soild ? O i forgot about the driver panel they didn't seal that either ...i put a coupler lays of resin on the back of that also .
    My carpet pop up and i save it . But it need to be place . After fixing the floor .I used a small belt sander and rough up the floor and clean up good and reseal the hold floor with a coupler coats and let dry and rough up the new finished and install the carpet back . It been 5 years now ,with out any problems . I just install the pan about 30 days ago . I used US Composite in Fla....for my resin and expoy . Wish i had took pics of the floor . But i did take some on the tray and front panel . Hope this help you out ...if you need any thing gave me a PM are just post here .

9. Member
    Will do. I've put it in the basement of my house for now so hopefully that will help some. I fished a lot with my Dad when I was growing up, but haven't been with any kind of consistency in many years. I'd like to pick up the hobby and teach my own son like my father did me. I've got a lot to learn, but this boat should be a good start.

Shaped just like the 201P I had which was also a 1988. Measure the length so you know. If a 201 that 150 will need a 22P prop to run best.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

11. Member
    The 201 front panel in 1988 went all the way across the front , i have a 1988 201 , and wash it today .

12. Member
    This is my 201
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by rchavis View Post
    The 201 front panel in 1988 went all the way across the front , i have a 1988 201 , and wash it today .
    Yep I forgot, I sold mine in 99 or 2000. I forgot it had a flasher in the bow dash too.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

14. Member
    TTT for a BBC