Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Willy View Post
    I have a 24 Fury 4 with 2 large hole plugs on opposite sides of prop to keep it from blowing out when I'm by myself and hole shot is still very good when I have a partner. I have found that it runs best overall at 2 1/4" below pad. I wouldn't worry about 1/2 trim or full trim at all. When you start to feel too much torque on the steering wheel you're trimmed to high.
    i and running fury 4 24p with no holes plugged and don't seem to have any hole shot issue mine is mainly at WOT. I moved prop to pad to 2.5" and at 70 mph was running 5600ish rpms water pressure around 19 but to get that speed I started getting that rear end wiggle again where I had to come out of throttle. I am going to run it again around 2 1/4" but couldn't cause of the weather.

Quote Originally Posted by spotdog1 View Post
    i and running fury 4 24p with no holes plugged and don't seem to have any hole shot issue mine is mainly at WOT. I moved prop to pad to 2.5" and at 70 mph was running 5600ish rpms water pressure around 19 but to get that speed I started getting that rear end wiggle again where I had to come out of throttle. I am going to run it again around 2 1/4" but couldn't cause of the weather.
    Not saying you guys can't drive because I don't know your boating back ground but most people that drive a fast boat at 65+ mph seem to think there is something wrong when they feel there boat start to wiggle wobble or chine walk. When a boat is truly doing this its because it is aired out and running on the pad. You will get to be more familiar with this with more seat time and get to know what speeds it will start doing this and you need to hold pressure to the left with the wheel or work your wheel back and fourth to the left before this happens. It is just laws of Physics wanting when your boat is running on its pad with the torque of the prop. You just don't sit back and drive it at high speeds. You got to know how to drive it
    2000 520vx Ranger
    250 PRO XS
    SERIAL#2B115788/ 25P Fury 4/ 25P Fury 3 blade

3. Member
    Thanks for the info. I will sure give it a try

Quote Originally Posted by spotdog1 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I will sure give it a try
    yup if it feels loose at high speeds it is set up correct. Sounds weird but if you want to hual the mail its gotta be loose.
    2000 520vx Ranger
    250 PRO XS
    SERIAL#2B115788/ 25P Fury 4/ 25P Fury 3 blade

5. Member
    So I have read all the post over the last few days on the Fury 4 25p and setup on a Ranger 520c. I have a 2016 Ranger 520c with the same year Mercury Optimax XS, 1.75:1 gear ratio. Using GPS to track speed, the best speed and rpm I could achieve is 70 at 5620 rpm and Atlas set at 10. Tried trimming at different levels. 60%. was the best. How is everyone achieving 5900 rpm as a 75mph with out of the box Fury 4 25 p all plugs removed?

6. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qslures View Post
    How is everyone achieving 5900 rpm as a 75mph with out of the box Fury 4 25 p all plugs removed?
    Short answer: “everyone” is not achieving the results above. 70-72 is a more realistic average, depending upon a lot of factors. Some hulls are definitely faster than others, even in the exact same model and year. This also goes for engines and props. And then we have the other variables: water and air temp, weight carried, load, etc. Often, the quickest route to more top end speed is having a professional balance and blueprint your prop.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

7. Member
    gslures , I had the same experience as you . 2017 520 with pro xs ...I went to a 24 fury 4 , now im in he 5850 to 5900 rpm range at 70 to 72 depending on weather conditions. could not get over 5650 or so with the 25 fury 3 or 4 blade

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bbecnel View Post
    gslures , I had the same experience as you . 2017 520 with pro xs ...I went to a 24 fury 4 , now im in he 5850 to 5900 rpm range at 70 to 72 depending on weather conditions. could not get over 5650 or so with the 25 fury 3 or 4 blade
    Same here, could not get over 5600 with the Fury 4 25P. Now running a Fury 4 24P and getting 70 mph at 5850 with 2 anglers.
    2017 Ranger Z520C / Mercury 250 ProXS 2S

I have a 24 Fury 4 on my 2015 Z520c. Boat handles great and I'm no speed demon but it walks and I can't seem to drive it. I'll be honest, I'm not super worried about it because the boat has a great hole shot and I typically cruise around 55 mph but when I do decide to open it up I struggle with it. Yesterday I had it to 69.9 at 5800 rpm's and had to get out of it because it was walking to bad. I usually keep the Atlas at 8 on the digital gauge.
    2015 Ranger Z520c / 2015 Mercury 250 Pro XS

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Wendler View Post
    Same here, could not get over 5600 with the Fury 4 25P. Now running a Fury 4 24P and getting 70 mph at 5850 with 2 anglers.
    Interesting...I have read several post ssn as articles with what appears to be the setup I have described and stated higher rpms an a 75 mph runs.

Hoping to hear what they did different. The Fury 4 25p seemed to be the preferred option. Hope to see one of them respond.

$750 mistake if their information was not accurate.

Help?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skipdog View Post
    I actually purchased a used 25P Fury 3 with extra 1/4" vents to try but it was blowing out coming out of the hole. I had to put 2 large hole plugs in to keep it from doing this. I don't know much about the history of the prop, I was thinking of having it sent out to Mark to have it balanced to see if that helped.

I love my 25" Fury with the extra vent holes on my Z520C/250 PRO XS 2s combo . No blow out on mine and I can hit 74 MPH with just me and a half tank of gas. In full disclosure, I lost 70 lbs. of batteries by going to Lithium Relions for the trolling motor batteries.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboat View Post
    I love my 25" Fury with the extra vent holes on my Z520C/250 PRO XS 2s combo . No blow out on mine and I can hit 74 MPH with just me and a half tank of gas. In full disclosure, I lost 70 lbs. of batteries by going to Lithium Relions for the trolling motor batteries.
    I would be interested in the details of your setup. I did my time with a fairly light load and didn't come close to 74.... Same prop.. Same boat.

Nobody else who has posted similar numbers had responded.

Been driving these things a long time....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12