2015 x19/200SHO motor not reaching WOT

Purchased boat used a month ago. I haven't been able to reach wot. Will only turn 4800rpm and 52mph. Hot foot doesn't make any adjustments to speed or rpms the last 1.5" of depressed pedal. But the throttle plate under cowl seems to be rotating all the way. Prop to pad was 6"+ when I got the boat, thinking that was the issue, I raised motor to 3.75" below pad. Boat is equipped with 6" jackplate, 25 Power Tech prop, yamaha 200 SHO with 75 hrs.
    My yamaha dealer is 2 weeks behind and I really don't want to wait that long to figure out the issue.

I have heard that the PT props that come with these boats are a large part of the problem... talk with some other Xpress owners to see what prop you should try first.
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

3. Member
    I had exact same setup. I could turn that prop 5800-5900 easy. I was getting 68-69 out of that prop but the boat was absolutely uncontrollable. It has WAY to much bow lift for these hulls. You have something else going on... I wonder if your hull foam is water logged causing more weight and more drag.

I changed the 6" plate to a 12". And do yourself a favor and find a 25p Turbo FXP I've tried 7 different go to props and the FXP was by far the best one. It makes this hull come alive and very very controllable. I am getting 70-72 with a full fishing load depending on weather and wind at 5850-5900 rpm. This prop in my opinion is the best for this hull / motor combo.
    ~~~~2016 X-19 YAMAHA - 200SHO & LOVE IT~~~

4. Member
    Same issue. Don't think I've seen 5000 rpms. My 25p fxp is in so I just need to swap it out. Praying it's the cure. Im getting 58 at 4900 rpms

5. Member
    Please let me know. It's driving me nuts. I'm lucky to get 53 at 4800rpm

Guys, check where the cable mounts to the hotfoot. This is the area where I have seen a few boats with this same issue. The throttle cable will slid instead of staying mounted securely and cause the outer portion of the cable to move instead of the actual inner cable which is what determines how much the throttle will open at the engine.
    Xpress X19/200SHO

7. Member
    Make sure when you push the hot foot down your wide open throttle under the cowling.

8. Member
    It isn't WOT under cowling. Already checked cables at hot foot. Was able to turn 5800 with a T1 22 prop yesterday.

Stock 200sho should spin that 22p T1 prop to 7000 rpm easily! Something is not set correctly with the throttle cable or that engine has problems. This is assuming its a TRUE 22p prop.
    Xpress X19/200SHO