Ky lake in the dark

Anyone do it, came down for a week of ledging and the old man can't handle 90+ all day. Took a mid day truck nap and tour of Paris. Any hints appreciated. Just fun fishing. Cross posting in ky
    2016 stratos 201 evolution, 250ho evinrude etec g2, 112 ultrex, tracker 80ah lithium’s, 8’ pp blades, atlas hydraulic jackplate, nightfishon rub rails, lowrance carbon 16 console, lowrance carbon 9, humminbird helix 9 G4’s mega+ di with mega 360,and garmin 1222 with livescope bow.

2. Member
    There's always a great night bite down there. Big spinnerbaits, jigs and big worms.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

yep, night fishing can be good. just be careful there are lots of idiots out at night especially on the weekends, like no running lights on at night idiots.
    Ranger Forever

4. Member
    My favorite way to fish down there!!! I solely use spinner baits and crank baits and I fish shallow on the main lake. Never deeper than 10 feet and most of the time no deeper than 5
    http://www.bbcboards.net/avatars/longrodder.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1383747738

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Longrodder View Post
    My favorite way to fish down there!!! I solely use spinner baits and crank baits and I fish shallow on the main lake. Never deeper than 10 feet and most of the time no deeper than 5
    What kind of stuff are you targeting? I've fished the same way you've described, hitting mainlake points on the LBL side, but just average results of maybe 3 or 4 keepers a night. Still haven't figured out how to target the smallmouth at night.

fish just like you would in the daylight. find them on the ledges around bait and they will eat at night too.
    Ranger Forever

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by barkleyhawggitter View Post
    fish just like you would in the daylight. find them on the ledges around bait and they will eat at night too.
    same baits on the ledges at night or does anything in particular do better at night on the ledges?

i use the same baits and they work the same. the only bait i have not done as well on at night vs. day is a topwater bait, dont know why, but worms, jigs, spinnerbaits are the top baits for me.
    Ranger Forever

9. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Keep a bright flashlight close at hand. People will run at high speed even though they can't see, and it can be really handy to get their attention.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

10. Banned
    I fished Friday night from 9 to 2. It was pretty good up until about 1:30, the moon came up and then the wind picked up so I called it a night around 2.

Caught 5 keepers, but lost 2 at the boat, both of which were about 4 lbs. 3 Largemouth and 2 smallmouth. Caught a few short fish too, 50/50 smallmouth and largemouth.

Tried a big black spinnerbait and variety of other things up shallow like Longrodder said, but a 3/4 oz jig was all I could get them to bite on.

I fished points and mainlake ledges, no luck on the ledges. Fished a little deeper than I'm used to at night, per barkleyhawggitter's recommendation, and it worked pretty good. They were hitting around the 12 to 18 ft depth on points that dropped off to about 25 to 30.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    Keep a bright flashlight close at hand. People will run at high speed even though they can't see, and it can be really handy to get their attention.
    I found it odd how many bass boats were out there running without a stern light on. Between the party people out there and the bass boats, the bass boats would have claimed more tickets.