150 Optimax prop rattle

Have a 2014 150 Mercury Optimax Pro XS serial # 2B0980536. Bought the boat last November with only 7 hours on the motor. I recently changed my prop from a Fury 3 to a 4 blade Signature SL4. Prop performs great for my needs. But now I have developed a loud prop rattle at idle in gear. Goes away at 900- 1000 rpms. I have read the posts on prop rattle and it seems the flo-torq lll is for 90-115 hp and the flo-torq lV is for Verado and four stroke. So what hub kit should I get? What is the part number? Thanks for your help.

2. Member
    Or maybe I need the Flo-torq ll model with the bushing torqued to 100 lbs?

Yep! Flo-torq II! Instructions/applications say something like "for use with surfacing props like the Tempest Plus, Fury...."

Make sure to use the one with the bushing which allows for the prop to be torqued to the 100 ft lbs. I believe the part number on that one ends in K6 as opposed to the K1 ending for the version without the bushing (just checking the note I keep on my phone that I use to keep track of part numbers...I have typed "K6 not K1!!!").

EDIT note: I have the full part number in my note as 835257K6.
    Last edited by DrewFlu33; 06-14-2017 at 12:18 PM.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Basspack View Post
    Have a 2014 150 Mercury Optimax Pro XS serial # 2B0980536. Bought the boat last November with only 7 hours on the motor. I recently changed my prop from a Fury 3 to a 4 blade Signature SL4. Prop performs great for my needs. But now I have developed a loud prop rattle at idle in gear. Goes away at 900- 1000 rpms. I have read the posts on prop rattle and it seems the flo-torq lll is for 90-115 hp and the flo-torq lV is for Verado and four stroke. So what hub kit should I get? What is the part number? Thanks for your help.
    Are you noticing this rattle with the boat IN THE LAKE (or when you are running the engine on a flush attachment)?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Don, I notice it in the water at the lake.