Thread: Boat loans....

Boat loans....

Lookin for a reputable institution in Oklahoma or that will finance in OK on a 2001 boat, for at least 5 years. 6 to 7 would be better.

Thanks for any leads.

2. Member
    Give REC lending a call.... they are a BBC sponsor. I highly recommend them!

3. Member
    Western Sun Federal Credit Union

4. Member
    Western sun good people and good rates

I used Tinker Credit Union.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

6. Member
    Call Doug at Western Sun Federal Credit Union Downtown. They base their payment plan on amount borrowed not the year of the boat like a bank does.

2009 LEGEND ALPHA 211/MERCURY 250 PRO XS

8. Member
    I also say REC lending, they financed my new Ranger last year and it was honestly the smoothest easiest loan process I've ever been through!

9. Member
    It's going to be tough to get financing on a 16 year old bass boat. The bank will never recover their money if you default. Your best bet will be an unsecured loan or line of credit at your normal bank.

10. Member
    I cant agree with the not being able to recover their money. The used bass boat market is the last place a bank will lose money. The used market is beyond strong...

11. Member
    Called western sun. Was asking for my sis. She is going to use rec. Western sun didnt care what year, as mentioned. Glad i asked, cuz i might be looking for another rig. Western sun sounds like a nice deal.

12. Member
    I know it has already happened but when the boat show is in town they offer a special on boat loans if you wait till next year

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FastBird View Post
    I cant agree with the not being able to recover their money. The used bass boat market is the last place a bank will lose money. The used market is beyond strong...
    There are a lot of banks that won't touch boat loans over 10yrs old. It has nothing to do with the market. It's simply that boats that old can go south quick when maintenance stops because someone can't pay their bills. A $20,000 loan can quickly be securing a $4000 boat that doesn't run.

14. Member
    You won't like it, but I recommend your own personal bank. As in you take money and put it in the bank and save the money. If you can pay on a boat loan you can save $$$ and buy a boat for cash in a year or two. Never owe anything to a bank and you'll be happier. You'd be surprised how much more every fishing trip means to you when you own your own rig too. Nobody can take it away no matter what happens - loss of job, injury, auto accident - it won't matter. You can still get on the water without worrying about some stuffed shirt banker swaggering out and snatching your boat in the middle of the night.

If you've got any Scottish blood in you you'll hate owing anyone anyway. It's nature!

That's my 2 cents. It's the best move you'll ever make.
    Last edited by SkeeterStew; 06-16-2017 at 01:09 PM.
    Need a new bow step pad for your boat? Do what I did!
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=712307

Are your boat seats trashed? Fix them yourself and save $1000!
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=754944

15. Member
    I used Muskogee Federal credit union. I don't know If they have a local branch in Bartlesville, but they were willing to loan on my motor with little hesitation. Credit unions may be the way to go. Just check around and see what they'll do.