200 EFI won't start

serial:0T543072
    Model: 1200424Zy
    Out on the lake today, motor has been running great. Stopped to fish awhile. Started her up and it kept dieing when I put it in gear, almost like something was wrapped around prop. I checked and prop was clear. Tried couple more times, it would start right up and stall upon shifting. Then all of a sudden it wouldn't start. It would just wind and wind without even making an attempt to fire.. as if the kill switch was pulled. (I checked that as well) No alarms, just wont fire. I waited 30 mins same issue. Called for a tow. Any advice greatly appreciated.

2. Member
    Mechanic found problem. Blown fuse.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Monitor that carefully. Fuses usually blow for a good reason (to protect sensitive electrical components from an over-current condition).

If this occurs again, be sure to notate which fuse is blowing (specifically).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor