27P Tempest and 27P Trophy2 on Puma FTD Performance

Guys,

I'm new to BCB's. Got out of a Bullet 20XD/250XS back in October. After spending my annual week long trip on Lake Guntersville, I'm extremely satisfied with my decision. I was just wondering if anyone has experience running either of these two props on a Puma FTD/250 Merc Pro XS combo? Both props have been B&B'd and in very good shape. I currently run a 26P Fury (like so many other folks) and hit 78-80 mph with a partner and fishing load, no water in live wells. Hole shot is great. I just need a extra prop and was asked to make a offer on these two props.
    1) Please comment on prospective performance of each of these two props.
    2) Please comment on a fair price for each or both of them if bought together.

Thanks,
    Joey McCall

2. Member
    Trophy is better on a Puma FTD than a Tempest. Holeshot won't be as good as your Fury, but the Trophy is likely faster.

Since you came out of a Bullet then exotic propeller combos probably aren't new to you. Consider finding something different. The Trophy will work well and suffer loading and spinning up as all older 4 blades do. The Tempest is not good for this hull. If your buying for a back up get a 25" Trophy and stick it aside, if you want to play then try a Bravo XS or new Fury 4 for choices.

4. Member
    Thanks. Sounds like I may pass on purchasing the two props. I have a 25P Mark Croxton Razor 4 I can use for a backup. I just need to purchase the right hub for it to fit on my 250 Pro XS since it was running on a 250XS.

joy