Losing power in helix

Is anyone else having trouble with losing power to a helix 10 SI mega. Every time I hit a wave the unit shuts off and I have to hit the power button to turn back on. I have the wires in the plastic bundle adapter that attaches to the back of the unit. This adapter seems to be tight and snapped in but must not be making a good connection. I like the lowerance push and turn plugs a lot better. Am I better off taking the wires out of the adapter and plugging them direct to the unit. I can't keep restrating the unit on every bump.

Yes, a few are having this same issue with the Helix Mega units. I can actually wiggle the plug on mine and the unit will shut off. It's not a positive locking design. Have not heard of an adequate solution from Humminbird....

3. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    I have wire ties and/or Velcro holding my cables to the mounts - I have heavy ferrite rings on my cables, so I didn't want the bounce.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

4. Member
    I contacted humminbird and they are sending out a new power cable. I just had to touch the cable a little bit behind the head unit and I would lose power. Hope the new one solves my problem. Leaving for Canada in 3 weeks.

5. Member
    What are ferrite rings that you have on your cables?

6. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    They are used for helping with interference.

http://palomar-engineers.com/ferrite.../ferrite-cores
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/