2007 225 Etec HO, Oil Alram

So, after my boat being in the shop for 6 weeks getting the transom repaired, I pick it up Friday(6-9-17). Took the wife and kids out yesterday(Saturday, 6-10-17). Boat cranked fine, got up on pad ran about 700 yards then came off pad for a long no wake zone in front of a state park resort here in N. Alabama (Joe Wheeler State Park). Made it thru the no wake and punched it to get back up on plane, no oil alarm goes off and wont allow me to. Idle over to a shallow point and put my talon down. Kids proceeded to swim and try to make the most of the ruined trip. Obviously I check the oil reservoir and it is full, ball is hard, so I am not sure what to do at this point. Idle back in and the alarm sounded three times in idle mode. I have owned the boat for a little over a year and never had the oil alarm/light turn on.

When I got home, I pulled the cowling off and everything looks fine.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. I have a call in with the fiberglass shop where the work was performed.

Thanks,
    Taylor

Is the fiberglass shop an Evinrude dealer? If not they probably do not know how to purge the air oit of the oil system correctly. Did you try the winterizing procedure a couple of times to push any air out of the pump?
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

Yeah they didn't purge it right, I had the same thing happen recently. We did the Fogging deal a couple time and still got the alarm. Then saw the bubble in the lines near the top of the motor. Disconnected it there, pumped the ball and connected the line while pumping. Fogged it again and been gtg.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

4. Member
    No, the FB shop is strictly for FB repair. Thanks for the recommendations, I will try them both tomorrow.

get a manual, it will tell you how to purge
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

6. Member
    Will do, you have a link for one by chance?

in the sticky's at the top of this forum

8. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar