2014 Z9 Bravo I LT Review

Thought I would let you know what the New Mercury Bravo I LT did on my 2014 Z9, 10" Atlas, 250 Pro XS. Was running a 25 Tempest Plus before.... Full load, 2 guys, 1/2 tank gas, 4 batteries and live wells full would get 66 GPS no matter how high I ran the plate with 25 WP.

Ordered the New Mercury 26 Bravo I LT 4 blade and it's like a brand new boat. Ran the jack plate all the way up to 15, 25 WP and full load, 2 big guys, 3/4 tank, 4 batteries etc with live wells full hit 72 mph. The boat it like on air and runs now like a lot of my old 21 ft. Tritons with lots of lift and very responsive and fast. No question this is the right prop for a heavy Z9.. Came alive!!

2. Member
    Just curious is the LT already blueprinted then basically? I have a 2012 that I tried a 26 Bravo 1 on before and it just seemed too tall. The holeshot was horrible and could only see 69mph loaded.

3. Member
    Hmmm...who sells them, BBC Sponsor? I am curious now
    ~ 2010 Skeeter 20i Class
    ~ Spiralite Custom Fishing Rods
    ~ MarineBassAnglers
    ~ Peregrine 250 Boat Products

4. Member
    this great news as I have 28p bravo 1 lt ordered for my z8 250 pro xs

5. Member
    Not sure if it is blue printed but each one is made by order from Mercury Racing. Takes about 2 to 3 weeks to get one after order. I think they are thou. The 26 inch on my hole shot live well full and 2 big guys is not as fast out of the hole as the 25 TP but not too bad and a little better raising the plate up more.on the hydraulic. The Long Tube sure makes the boat on top end break loose and this was the first time I felt a little slight chine walk and what I'm use to on the Tritons I ran for years. No chine like the Triton but just loose enough on top that you know she's broke free and a ton of lift. I ordered the 26 hoping it would be right and very pleased with speed. If I was looking for the best hole shot I would love to try the 25 Bravo 1 LT to see the difference out of hole and top end. My RPM's on the Pro XS 25 full throttle are perfect at 5800.. 25 Water Pressure.. This is one heck of a blade my friends and I've been running Tritons, rangers and Nitro for over 20 years.. Since I was running a 25 TP it says to go up 1 pitch on the Long Tube and that is what I did. Worked. Picked up 5 plus MPH's...

6. Member
    Good info. I'm curious about trying a Fury 4 blade on mine some day soon..