Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    Ronnie we had a meeting in Houma last month at the visitors center and only a few people showed up..me and Rock were dissapointed to say the least we had a better turnout at Basspro shops about 40 people came

2. Member
    Ronnieb,,not all of that area is owned by continental, some is owned by Williams I think and some by an LLC in New Orleans. If they were on the part owned by the LLC and the LLC lets people fish there then they were technically illegally legal, if that makes sense. I for one as a tournament director would do everything in my power not to DQ someone. In this day and age you may run into a lot of legal expense and a year of turmoil. But, it may take some legal action to clear up the blurred lines of boundaries etc. I would never protest anyone because I've never seen it turn out good for the one that protest. That's why in my eyes, no off limits unless specific boundaries of the area is on an off limits map. At least that way you know what you are signing up for so you have no reason to bitch about it. As it is now as stated some say you cant cast in the marsh, some say you cant put your boat in the marsh but can cast in, I know some that say just inside the cut is ok, and others that say if no signs you can go in a hundred yards or so. With all that said you could put a fence around an area to keep people in and you would still probably get the same 30-40 boats. Those that bitch would say the area is too small or I can't fish my favorite canal. No win situations but interesting to kill some time talking about it.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie b View Post
    Hey Roc when and where is the next Louisiana Sportsman coalition meeting ? So we can all get together and start working on fixing the real problems of marsh running and trespassing . How or things gone with the coalition or we getting any where's ?
    We just had a deal passed by the Legislature in Baton Rouge...about seeing if the big marsh owners would like to get into a program where they lease out their tracks to the state, instead of individuals. This passed unanimously. So they will study this deal to see how much interest there is on it. . In the meantime....we trying to get a date to meet with the Governor...who has expressed interest in helping with this issue. We are also looking for Corporate sponsors...like Merc, Yamaha, Bass Pro, Cabelas, and others who have a huge monetary stake in this state, and all of this B.S.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakebouef5 View Post
    We just had a deal passed by the Legislature in Baton Rouge...about seeing if the big marsh owners would like to get into a program where they lease out their tracks to the state, instead of individuals. This passed unanimously. So they will study this deal to see how much interest there is on it. . In the meantime....we trying to get a date to meet with the Governor...who has expressed interest in helping with this issue. We are also looking for Corporate sponsors...like Merc, Yamaha, Bass Pro, Cabelas, and others who have a huge monetary stake in this state, and all of this B.S.

Don't usually "spill the beans" like this, but today I was near the area that was initially accused of on this post. I don't want to see another bass or redfish for a while. If you have kids(main reason for posting this) take them around west side of little lake and fish the rocks, rocks with hydrilla. I believe they will eat just about anything you can pull therough the grass.

2018 21' GatorTrax Strike Series, 250 Yamaha SHO

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by H22BASS250SHO View Post
    Don't usually "spill the beans" like this, but today I was near the area that was initially accused of on this post. I don't want to see another bass or redfish for a while. If you have kids(main reason for posting this) take them around west side of little lake and fish the rocks, rocks with hydrilla. I believe they will eat just about anything you can pull therough the grass.
    hahah, thats funny. I figured there would be a big group of people to go directly to the big red circle.

Quote Originally Posted by lakebouef5 View Post

Good to hear about something being passed by legislature. Seems like BASS would jump at the chance to sponsor a movement like this.
    1991 Blazer VLX-150 / 2003 Mercury 150 XR6
    2015 Ranger 521C/ 2019 Mercury Racing 300R

Quote Originally Posted by bayouXpress View Post
    hahah, thats funny. I figured there would be a big group of people to go directly to the big red circle.
    What's funny? Just trying to help someone familiar with the Lafitte/Little Lake area that may want to take their kids on a good fishing outing.

2018 21' GatorTrax Strike Series, 250 Yamaha SHO

9. Member
    He's talking about the red circle in orange grove. Trust me, if I'm fishing the marsh, it won't be in there.

10. Member
    +1

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234