Boat motor setup

I have a 2016 BassCat Puma with a Mercury 250 ProXS with a Fury 26 prop. I am needing to know the setup for max performance speed.

If you just got the boat and it's got a Slidemaster jackplate, I'd leave it where it's at for now. Send the prop to Mark Croxton or Ronnie Gilbert and get it worked. It would probably benefit from added PVS holes to give you a better hole shot. If you're running powerpoles and 4 batteries you'll most likely be better off with a 25 Fury in the summer. There's no one setup that's going to work for every Cat, you're going to have to adjust gradually depending on how you load the boat.

3. Member
    I would not touch a thing until driving it for a while and getting comfortable. Because when you send a prop in, you can't just say "make it better". You need to explain what it is doing that you don't like, and what it is not doing that you want it to do...
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

4. Member
    I would double check the prop to pad relationship as well and make sure it is close to correct. Prop shaft 2.5 - 3.5 below pad.

5. Member
    Mine has a 250 SHO with a 26 SHO prop, 2.5" below pad, no poles, and 4 batteries. With 1/2 tank of gas, empty livewells, 70 is really easy, 75 is a bit harder, 80 ish is a work in process.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldTimer57 View Post
    I would not touch a thing until driving it for a while and getting comfortable. Because when you send a prop in, you can't just say "make it better". You need to explain what it is doing that you don't like, and what it is not doing that you want it to do...
    Papa Dave1972? I see you've had one post here?!?! Regarding your boat, If I was you I wouldn't mess with a thing! Not until you knw what that boat is capable of!! Don't be drilling holes or messing with the jack plate until "you" have a handle on what you have. But if you feel the need go ahead, check your health care plan and good luck!

7. Member
    Is the measurement from the center of prop to bottom of pad?