Ranger 364v livewells troubleshooting

Hey guys, I'm working on fixing the livewells on my 364v.

Pumps are in and they work when hard wired. I've attached the positive and negative of the pumps to what I believe is the stock wiring. Same set of wiring the bilge pump goes through. I have the fuses in the fuse box and as far as I know the wire runs up there. I pulled the switches out and it seems like everything is there. I believe my issue is the timer. It's ancient, sized, and according to my mechanic it isn't functional. The issue could also be with the switches. I have a picture of the switches and inline fuses, and a video of where I attached the pump wires to the existing wiring. Forum won't let me post it.

So what do you guys think the issue could be?

Thanks
    Last edited by GreenRanger364V; 06-10-2017 at 06:45 AM.

2. Member
    If the pumps run wired direct to the battery then the problem is with voltage,or lack of. Only way to know is through a volt meter or a test light. Start at the hot wire feeding the switches and check for voltage,check for voltage leaving the switch and so on down to the pump. A bad ground wire will also cause the pumps not to run,need to check all grounds for the pumps. No easy way to do it,time to start digging in the wiring.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenRanger364V View Post
    Hey guys, I'm working on fixing the livewells on my 364v.

Pumps are in and they work when hard wired. I've attached the positive and negative of the pumps to what I believe is the stock wiring. Same set of wiring the bilge pump goes through. I have the fuses in the fuse box and as far as I know the wire runs up there. I pulled the switches out and it seems like everything is there. I believe my issue is the timer. It's ancient, sized, and according to my mechanic it isn't functional. The issue could also be with the switches. I have a picture of the switches and inline fuses, and a video of where I attached the pump wires to the existing wiring. Forum won't let me post it.

So what do you guys think the issue could be?

Thanks
    I just replaced my 1988 timer with a new one from Flow-Rite. Same wiring, same footprint and works like a dream. I too put in new plumbing and increased the capacity of my pumps. Went from a 400gph pump at 2 amps, to an 800gph pump at 4 amps. In doing so, I smoked my old timer as it couldn't handle the higher amperage of the new pumps. I contacted Flow-Rite and their newer timers can handle 2 pumps at 5 amps each. It looks totally factory and the timer was the same footprint as the old one.
    "Cast Everything in the Best Light Possible"

Quote Originally Posted by Crankb8 View Post
    I just replaced my 1988 timer with a new one from Flow-Rite. Same wiring, same footprint and works like a dream. I too put in new plumbing and increased the capacity of my pumps. Went from a 400gph pump at 2 amps, to an 800gph pump at 4 amps. In doing so, I smoked my old timer as it couldn't handle the higher amperage of the new pumps. I contacted Flow-Rite and their newer timers can handle 2 pumps at 5 amps each. It looks totally factory and the timer was the same footprint as the old one.
    I also replaced my timer with the flow rite timer . Very easy
    A mistake on your part does not constitute a emergency on my part.