2011 115 EFI Stalling at idle

I bought this boat used in March. Since I've bought it, it runs fine wide open when i'm heading to my spot, but if I idle around more than 10 minutes it will start sputtering and stalling. Usually I need let it sit for a while and it will eventually run fine. While it is in its stalled/sputtering state I cannot accelerate out of that position. Usually I end up using my trolling motor to get me back to the dock and in that amount of time it will finally start up and run well enough to load onto the trailer. I've checked the lift pump for debri in the screen. To this point that is all I have done to trouble shoot the problem. The dealer I bought it from is not being very helpful. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

So new development in the engine stalling issue. I was out yesterday and the boat initially was running pretty bad. Surging and such. I would lay the hammer down and it would not got to full throttle, it would surge up and down and then finally throttled up. Once up it ran fine at speed. I idled around for a while and was doing great. I had to do a quick acceleration backwards and it started running terrible right after.

Normally I will turn the key off and turn it right back on and start it up. This time I turned it off and turned the key switch on and waited for the pump to stop priming. Once I did that it ran fine at idle for a long time. Anytime it would start running rough, as long as I waited for the fuel pump to finish priming, it would run fine afterwards.

I'm thinking about replacing the lift pump and seeing if thats the issue.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Please see the Forum Announcements, and be sure to provide the REQUIRED info when posting. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

1b875629

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Sounds like you have a fuel restriction in the supply system... a weak lift pump, or an FSM float problem.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Awesome, I actually bought both of those yesterday morning and they should be here this weekend. This would be a huge relief.

Replaced the lift pump and float and the problem is fixed. Thanks for all the help