Thread: waveland

waveland

anyone been to waveland recently?

2. Member
    Was there a couple of weeks back. No grass and the fishing is tough. Had a 2 and 4 pounder
    flipping a lizard. DNR has screwed this alke up royally. They killed the grass and tried
    to kill the shad. Used to be able to catch 20-50 good fish a day.

Quote Originally Posted by rangered View Post
    Was there a couple of weeks back. No grass and the fishing is tough. Had a 2 and 4 pounder
    flipping a lizard. DNR has screwed this alke up royally. They killed the grass and tried
    to kill the shad. Used to be able to catch 20-50 good fish a day.
    For some reason I read it as west boggs...lol
    Last edited by cubswin; 06-11-2017 at 08:03 PM.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

4. idbefishing
    20-50 good fish/day? 10 yrs ago maybe. Back then you had to know the lake real well to catch a 10lbs limit or they would be barely keepers. I remember it had tons of grass. You could hardly get into the cove with the canal in the back because the weed was so thick. They sprayed the grass and the fish grew, big time. For about 2-3 yrs period there were good amount of grass left and the fishing was outstanding. I never told anyone about it trying to keep it under lid. Then came the emergence of social media, fishin forums, etc..the cat out the bag. Some weekends you couldn't find a parking spot. Fishing pressure got really intense. I was in a bassin usa tournament there one time and there were 2 other tournies going at the same time. I think ultimately, the pressure is why it sucks today.

5. Banned
    I grew up on the west side of the lake, parents still live other there, but I haven't been recently. There was a USA Bassin tourney there beginning of April, winners had 19 pounds and then it fell off to 11 pounds for 2nd place.

Lance is correct, fishing pressure hasn't done that place any good, but then again it is a 300 acre lake that doesn't have any secret spots left.

First bass tournament I ever fished was at Waveland back in 2011. My buddy and I had a limit in 15 minutes flipping and we culled out that limit through the day. We had 15 and change to win. There for a few years if you didn't have at least 15 pounds you had no shot at winning.

I do decent with a jig every summer of out my dad's aluminum rowboat on a certain area my dad and I have fished for 25+ years.
    Last edited by bradjames12; 06-11-2017 at 06:56 AM.