Nelson lake fishing

Hello guys, looking to get some action for the kids. I have heard good things about Nelson Lake. I do not bass fish, looking for any tips people are willing to offer, lures locations, or best methods. Not looking for big fish, looking for quantity so the kids can enjoy a day of fishing.

Thanks in advance.

In the shallow end near the discharge or on the bank directly across from there is great on numbers of smaller bass and panfish. Bobber and worm, no baitfish aloud I think. But if the water is hot hot hot move towards the dam and eventually there will be a bunch of fish

3. Banned
    If you want fishing for the kids go to crown butte. Bass, perch and bluegills. Easy to catch 50-100 in an hour

Have you made it out yet? Also for other lure suggestions I'd say anything that moves is food, crankbait, spinnerbait, jig, worm, I believe I could catch 25 fish on a spark plug if there was a hook connected to it. It's getting the bigger bites that gets interesting

5. Member
    We did make it out. The kids mostly played before tje weather turned on us. Did catch one by the inlet with a bobber. I did mark a lot a fish just south of the outlet. Did not try a bobber, i did use a small spinnerbait for a little with no luck. I appreciate the tips and advice. Hopefully we can get back up again for a longer time frame. Thanks to all.