Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ultrex / Panoptix

Thinking about upgrading to MK Ultrex is it compatible with Garmin and PS-31 Panoptix?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrackerPT175TXW View Post
    Thinking about upgrading to MK Ultrex is it compatible with Garmin and PS-31 Panoptix?
    I guess what i should have asked , are there any issues i need to be concerned about with this motor and using Garmin products, in particular Panoptix PS-31 mounted on the shaft

3. Member
    Im not familiar with that trolling motor or how it stows. Can you post a pic of it deployed and stowed? In particular, we need to see the motor end of the shaft. The PS31 is huge, so space is the key. You may have to install it under the motor, but that depends.....
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

4. Member
    Larry, those are some of my concerns. I dont have motor, was hoping someone already has similar setup

5. Banned
    You'll have to come up with some sort of stationary tube as the whole motor and shaft spins on the ultrex. It's why I decided to remove my ps31 and try the 360

6. Member
    I dont understand why thats a problem Troy - whats different about the Ultrex? All of them spin the motor and shaft, and yet people mount PS31'a and 21's to other trolling motors.

I could only find one pic of an Ultrex in the stowed position and it looks like ther would be room on the shaft. However, you would need to see how it stows to be sure the PS31 didnt get banged around or jam something during the process.

There are also possible cable routing issues - maybe thats what Troy is talking about?

Last edited by Larry3215; 06-10-2017 at 10:05 AM.

7. Member
    You might try asking over here:

http://www.bbcboards.net/forumdisplay.php?f=128

Id bet someone would be willing to post some pics of it in the stowed position and or they could point you to a video of it being stowed showing the lower end of the shaft and motor while it happens.

8. Banned
    Talking about using things like spot lock. The ps31 is going to be constantly moving. You'll need a mount point that doesn't move. Cable routing is the same as a fortrex

9. Member
    Ah, I see now. I agree with you on that. Plus I like to be pointing the Panoptix in other directions - like towards the shore while moving parallel to it - instead of having it always pointing where the motor is going. Thats why I have my PS21 on a separate stick mount that I can control independently of the TM.

Spot Lock on the new blue tooth units is awesome - love my new Riptide Ulterra - but using spot lock will make using Panoptix or downview, and especially sideview, on the TM almost useless while its engaged.

10. Member
    Thanks. So focused on the cables and mounting forgot the obvious

Curious why you are going for the PS31 over the PS21. I hope its not for the 3d view.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry3215 View Post

Spot Lock on the new blue tooth units is awesome - love my new Riptide Ulterra - but using spot lock will make using Panoptix or downview, and especially sideview, on the TM almost useless while its engaged.
    I should have my ultrex by the end of the month. I've had a 360 waiting for over a month. I'll be able to compaire it to panoptix first hand

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrackerPT175TXW View Post
    I guess what i should have asked , are there any issues i need to be concerned about with this motor and using Garmin products, in particular Panoptix PS-31 mounted on the shaft
    Here are some pics of my Ultrex with Panoptix PS-31

14. Member
    Thanks. I have mine on Edge right now. My main corcern is on spot lock, but i believe i read somewhere max rotation is 380degrees.
    is that correct. Just keep a loop at the top near motor head?

15. Banned
    that appears to be too close to the head of the trolling motor as well

16. Member
    Here's what I came up for my PS21 on the Ultrex so it doesn't spin around on spotlock. Used the bouncebuster mounts. Helps to have a machine shop at work. Bracket is delrin, tube and collars are aluminum (one collar has a ball detent to index the motor around and keep it in place) and the handle which you can't really see is a cheap mountain bike stem. Wires run up through the tube. Just finished it last night. Only have to wait for the thumb screws to come in from Mcmaster Carr so that it will be quick release if I'm going to be fishing shallow or in a lot of weeds.
    Attached Images Attached Images

17. Member
    Interesting! Can you post a pic of it with the motor deployed? Cant really tell much from that shot.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry3215 View Post
    Interesting! Can you post a pic of it with the motor deployed? Cant really tell much from that shot.
    I don't even have it wired up yet and I won't be out again until July 7th but I'll take some pics and let you know how it works. I got the idea from seeing a Hummingbird 360 mounted on the TM and figured I could make a bracket that utilized the bolt holes for the bouncebuster on the Ultrex.

19. Member
    Awesome.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bossman092000 View Post
    Here are some pics of my Ultrex with Panoptix PS-31
    Do you have any pictures of how you secured wiring on the shaft

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast