travel cover advice

Hey everyone,

I am in the market for a travel cover for my clubs. Anyone gone with a soft case and regretted it? will mainly be used for air travel and storage when not in use

heres the soft case im looking at:
    https://www.amazon.com/CaddyDaddy-Co...olf+travel+bag

and here is a hard case:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...f_rd_i=3411161

Thanks!
    Last edited by tjherring; 06-08-2017 at 06:59 PM.

I have a soft case and so far it has protected my clubs. The outside of the case is getting all frayed from the under plane storage and luggage belt. Next case will probably be a hard case because of it.
    For a soft case they make a extender type thing you can put in the bag longer than the driver so when the bag gets thrown under the plane your woods don't get broken.
    I always have used a broomstick a few inches longer than the driver and has worked well.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haha View Post
    I have a soft case and so far it has protected my clubs. The outside of the case is getting all frayed from the under plane storage and luggage belt. Next case will probably be a hard case because of it.
    For a soft case they make a extender type thing you can put in the bag longer than the driver so when the bag gets thrown under the plane your woods don't get broken.
    I always have used a broomstick a few inches longer than the driver and has worked well.
    right on, I was leaning towards a hard case for that reason and also storing in the barn

4. Member
    I have had both and will never own a hard case again. Just me but when I am NOT using it...it takes up usable space that I could store some more junk in. Soft case...wad it up and toss it under bed.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/avatars/longrodder.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1383747738

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Longrodder View Post
    I have had both and will never own a hard case again. Just me but when I am NOT using it...it takes up usable space that I could store some more junk in. Soft case...wad it up and toss it under bed.
    were there any major downfalls while using it? storage isn't a major concern of mine

6. Member
    I have a soft case with a hard top. It has served me well. I do put a broomstick in it to support the top and keep my driver from getting broken.

I have the last bag by Club Glove. It is soft sided and comes with a metal extension you put in the bag. No way the clubs can be damaged. I have used it many times with no issues. However, it is not cheap.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tjherring View Post
    were there any major downfalls while using it? storage isn't a major concern of mine
    Hard shell is more cumbersome and more "unwieldy" when loading in vehicle. To me...even if I had storage for hard shell, I would still use soft.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/avatars/longrodder.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1383747738

9. Member
    I have a soft case and have had great luck with it so far. I've flown 15-20 times with mine. I would not get a hard case. If you rent a small car, good luck fitting it in the trunk or even the back seat. If you rent a SUV/van then you won't have any issues.
    08 Triton 17 Explorer/08 90 Merc

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 200xp View Post
    I have the last bag by Club Glove. It is soft sided and comes with a metal extension you put in the bag. No way the clubs can be damaged. I have used it many times with no issues. However, it is not cheap.
    I have this bag and it's awesome! Hard case sucks putting it in a rental car.