Question Livewell timer for fresh water pump in.

Not sure if I'm just missing it or not, but can the pump that fills the livell be set on a timer cycle?

On my bullet I use to fill the wells right up then set the fill timer to 6 minutes. So every 6 minutes my well would get fresh water from the lake.

I know I can put my recruit pump on the timer but that's just the same water that's already in the well (unless I'm misunderstanding it).

I have a 2017 v21 ( not sure if all wells are the same).

2. Legend Boats Moderator
    Recirc I believe is the only thing that can be set on auto. Fill (fresh water) is manual

3. Member
    Ok. That's what I thought. Maybe I'll fire and email off to Kody and see if they have any options or possible ideas to ache is this.

Thanks for confirming.

4. Member
    Turn your recirc knob to auto and it will allow fresh water to come in while the recirc pump is on.

5. Member
    Unless they changed the 2017 V series boats from my 2015 V 20, there is no valve to turn to recirc/auto/empty as in Ranger boats for example. There is a pump to bring fresh water in, pump water out/aerate livewells, depending on if the valve in the livewell is pulled out or pushed in. If you bring fresh water in and overflow, it goes into the bilge and will get pumped out there. On hot days (>85 degree surface temps), I add ice to the livewell before leaving the house, G Juice to eliminate chlorine in the ice and calm the fish/help their slime coat, plug both my live well drain and overflow outlet then fill the live wells when I launch. I plug the overflow to not lose water when running and also to keep water from back flowing in when in reverse. I also use the Oxygenators. I periodically add fresh water over the day and pump out some of the old water/waste from the fish, around a third at a time. Getting rid of the fish waste products gasses is important when recirculating. I also added the V2 vents to my lids. In hot weather you can also cover the lid locks with a towel to diminish reflected heat from the locks into the wells. Touch those locks in the heat and you know what I mean!

Do not add salt to your livewell or salt containing additives, i.e. Rejuvenate, if you are using Oxygenators. The Oxygenators will split the chloride away from the hydrogen atom in the salt, NaCl, producing chlorine gas=dead fish. G Juice is compatible. I consulted with T&H quite a while about this and problems I was having with dead fish. There is also You Tube videos regarding live well care. In cooler water, I will run my aerator on the timer and when it warms up, I run continuously, as well as the second aerator present in the wells, which is not on a timer. Remember keeping that water cool is critical to providing dissolved oxygen.

6. Member
    Thanks for the tips.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by autigerz View Post
    Unless they changed the 2017 V series boats from my 2015 V 20, there is no valve to turn to recirc/auto/empty as in Ranger boats for example. There is a pump to bring fresh water in, pump water out/aerate livewells, depending on if the valve in the livewell is pulled out or pushed in. If you bring fresh water in and overflow, it goes into the bilge and will get pumped out there. On hot days (>85 degree surface temps), I add ice to the livewell before leaving the house, G Juice to eliminate chlorine in the ice and calm the fish/help their slime coat, plug both my live well drain and overflow outlet then fill the live wells when I launch. I plug the overflow to not lose water when running and also to keep water from back flowing in when in reverse. I also use the Oxygenators. I periodically add fresh water over the day and pump out some of the old water/waste from the fish, around a third at a time. Getting rid of the fish waste products gasses is important when recirculating. I also added the V2 vents to my lids. In hot weather you can also cover the lid locks with a towel to diminish reflected heat from the locks into the wells. Touch those locks in the heat and you know what I mean!

Do not add salt to your livewell or salt containing additives, i.e. Rejuvenate, if you are using Oxygenators. The Oxygenators will split the chloride away from the hydrogen atom in the salt, NaCl, producing chlorine gas=dead fish. G Juice is compatible. I consulted with T&H quite a while about this and problems I was having with dead fish. There is also You Tube videos regarding live well care. In cooler water, I will run my aerator on the timer and when it warms up, I run continuously, as well as the second aerator present in the wells, which is not on a timer. Remember keeping that water cool is critical to providing dissolved oxygen.

Great response. Enjoyed reading that.

8. Member
    Thanks! A lot of research and trial and error went into it!