Thread: 3D users

3D users

I've been looking at images of SS 3D, and have yet to see one that makes me say, I've got to have that. Do you guys actually find that feature to be everything you had hoped for it to be?
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

To me it better than anything ive seen or used on the market especially in 2D side scan. Screenshot_20170608-193601.jpg[ATTACH=CONFIG]
    2012 Stratos 294 Evolution, Mercury 200 PROXS (1B933452)// HDS live 12 with AT 1, HDS Pro 10 with AT 2, HDS Carbon 12 with SS3D, point 1, sonichub2, Lowrance Ghost, and 3 Ionic lithium batteries.

3. Member
    I get absolutely zero benefit out of the 3D feature but if I am not mistaken it does give you a much, much wider field of view when using 2D SS. I have seen ranges over 400' to each side.

4. Banned
    I thought long and hard about this and decided its way cool but not really necessary for the money. At least not right now.

It still has room to evolve though, and if i had the money i would absolutely have it.

5. Member
    The 3D-part is pretty much useless for me, but the SideScan from SS 3D is waaaay better then LSS-2.

6. Member
    and in order to get the good sidescan you have to have the black box and just not the totalscan transducer. Is that correct?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
    and in order to get the good sidescan you have to have the black box and just not the totalscan transducer. Is that correct?
    Totalscan has nothing to do with this, but yes you need the module with Structurescan 3D.

8. Member
    Ask Colibri said. Your sidescan is much better. You also get the ability to scan a lot wider areas.

Would you consider purchasing a complete brand new 3d ss for $700 a game changer? Agree with what you all are saying but $700 for a new complete unit was hard to pass down. If it works better in shallow water better than my lss1 than I will be happy.
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

Have not put the boat in since I updated the 3D to the latest update. I will see what differences are noticeable, if any. But, prior to this, I liked my LSS2 as much or better. I don't tend to do much shallow scanning, so that isn't a plus for me. If I didn't buy it at the state team discount I would not have bought it.

Will update my opinion after trying this latest update.
    2020 Nitro Z20 - 250 hp Mercury ProXS 4 Stroke
    HDS Live 12 @ bow x 2 with Active Target
    HDS Live 12 @ console

11. Member
    I had to have the 3D when it came out. Wish I had my money back. Side and down is clearer but 3D is worthless to me.