Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    Size #11 on my Ranger. And yes, it is a flow rite.

2. Member
    Mine is a 2015 and it leaked day 1 had 2 more put in under warranty and finally this one has been a good one so far still don’t trust it but at least for now all is good

3. Member
    Mine stuck like a bi*** to the point I accidentally bent the wire. Yup I'm an idiot. Then I used o ring lube used I had laying around for my pool pump. Now she slides in and out like a dream. Wished I had used it earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
    Size #11 on my Ranger. And yes, it is a flow rite.
    Thank you kind sir!
    ‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

Just remembered, they sell an O ring lubricant at the Pool Supply stores for the O rings on the Pump Filter. I'm gonna get that and give it a try !! It's pretty slippery and water resistant so it should work pretty well !1
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

6. Member
    Can the O-ring be slipped right over the plug when replacing the ring?

Quote Originally Posted by A Wood View Post
    Mine stuck like a bi*** to the point I accidentally bent the wire. Yup I'm an idiot. Then I used o ring lube used I had laying around for my pool pump. Now she slides in and out like a dream. Wished I had used it earlier.
    ^^^^This ^^^^ After reading this, I remembered I had some of that !! It's bluish green and "Snotty" Seems to work really well !!
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

8. Member
    After fishing Saturday my plug was stuck in the IN position. I couldn’t get it out using the remote lever and I was afraid to use too much force on it. Any suggestions how to get it out? I didn’t have any time Saturday to mess with it.
    Thanks

9. Member
    Ok I have to ask here. Why would you remove the plug if there is an automatic bilge pump in the boat? I only remove my plug if I'm storing it up for the winter but it is in my garage I have an 04 Ranger 520VX with the traditional screw in plug.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JTS View Post
    Ok I have to ask here. Why would you remove the plug if there is an automatic bilge pump in the boat? I only remove my plug if I'm storing it up for the winter but it is in my garage I have an 04 Ranger 520VX with the traditional screw in plug.
    Lots of states require plug out when traveling. This is part of the attempt to slow the invasive species transfer to other water habitats. Fines imposed in some states for non compliance.

11. Banned
    A number of reasons to remove the plugs. As mentioned above it's law in some states. Those of us that put ice in our coolers where do you think the water drains to? Or from fishing in the rain. And you don't want to leave stagnant water in your bilge. Mold, mildew, bugs and critters will build up. The moisture alone can corrode electrical connections.

A dry bilge is a happy bilge.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234