Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Super 91 View Post
    If you don't like it, that is fine. Don't sit there and make fun of those of us who are not having issues and enjoy using it. My remote plug has "two" stages of engagement. When I push the control to "in", it will put the plug in the hole. With a little more pressure, it fully engages and seats completely, ensuring a watertight seal. No issues with leaks or problems, and so far the "O" ring is not worn to the point I have to replace it. Crawling under once every other year to replace it is better than crawling under the boat 50 times a year, but that is just my opinion. You asked if anyone was having an issue. Nope, final answer here.
    All,

I understand that some of you love this, but there are ones that NEVER work.. Example mine. I picked up my brand new 2019 Falcon 195 (Oct 2018), came with the remote drain plug. Since the 1st day in the water (breaking in engine) to the 1st tourny fished this past weekend (Nov 2018, 3 days of leaking constantly), it has been leaking non stop. My auto bilge has to come one every 10-20 mins to pump water out. This is UNACCEPTABLE. I called the dealer Fri while I was on the water, they said put some vasoline on the o-ring , etc.. I did. No luck.. Keeps leaking. I informed them as to status.. Waiting to hear back to see how this will be resolved. me personally, Iam not sure this remote plug is better that the old school screw in. I had my Triton for 17 years (screw in plug).. Never a problem.

Jason Davis, MSgt, USAF, Retired

IF YOUR NOT GETTING HUNG UP, YOUR NOT FISHING WHERE THE FISH ARE!!"

2019 Falcon 195
    2019 Yamaha SHO 200 w 23P Fury
    Helix 9 DI (Bow)
    Helix 9 SI with Mega (Console)
    MK Ultrex 80lb
    NMEA 2k

2. Member
    When I ordered my 2019 ranger angler 2080 in sept, I did not want that option. Talked to many that said they loved the option, but had several malfunctions with them not closing entirely. I figured I’ve bin screwing plugs in for years, what’s a few more and besides, I generally have to crawl under the trailer when I leave the landing to remove ALL exotic species hanging from the boat/trailer or pay a nasty fine if caught trailering!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TopgunZ521C View Post
    For those of you who change the o ring obviously you didn't mention you have to disassemble the plug under the boat to get the o ring on the red plug otherwise your stretching the ring way out of tolerance most o rings have a .010 compression to seal, my plug always looked like it was in but it was not 100% sealed I could always reach down there and push on it and it would go in a little bit, I'm sure nobody has ever had any problem with this perfect design. Lmao
    There is one small screw to take out and one half of the plug comes off. Took me about 5 min to change the o ring out.

4. Member
    I would not have another boat without a remote drain plug. However, I removed the original o-ring and installed an o-ring with a smaller cross section or thickness. The plug still snaps into place but without as much force. This will eliminate the breaking of the cable or plug and still will keep the plug in place.

5. Member
    I have had trouble with mine the last few months of not sealing properly. I have to put so much pressure on it to seal it now has stripped the cable from the in out lever. I’m tired of messing with it and called Ranger today and they are sending me a new one. Since my 521c is a 2016 it is under warranty. I agree with all of you in the sense it is handy but also frustrating. My 2 cents.

6. Member
    I’ve had 3 of them replaced under warranty in my 2015 ranger the very first time I took boat out it leaked and finally the 3rd one has been good so far but with all the problems I’ve had I still don’t trust it

I would rather just crawl under in morning when i hook the boat up at the house, and again when done fishing before trailering home, been doing it for years, no point in stopping now.

2019 RANGER Z518 - Mercury ProXS 150 4 Stroke

·...¸><((((º>
    .··´¯`·.¸.·><((((º>
    ·.¸.·´¯`·...¸.·><((((º>

I love the plugs but some have issues that can be fixed fairly easily. The closing problem is usually a result of the two red halves of the plug not fitting together properly. Remove the plug and file the outside edges where the two halves fit together until the plug slides into the hole easily. When you file this are you are making the round as it may have not been formed exactly as it should. Make sure you remove the o ring before you do this so you dont booger it up. Keep it lubed and your good.

I've a 2018 518C that's taking on half a gallon of water every time I fish. It's really annoying and I've been lubricating the plug and kept it clean. Guess I'll switch to an ordinary plug when i winterize the boat.
    Bassboat: 2018 Ranger Z518 Comanche. Mercury 175hp PRO XS 4S. 6" SlideMaster jackplate. Lowrance Ghost. HDS Live 16" (dash) & 16" (bow). Power Pole Blade 10ft. Li-on batteries.

Replaced the o ring in mine and works great. Love it.

11. Member
    Where can you get replacement o rings? Flowrite wants $8 to ship them?
    Last edited by rfdong; 11-23-2018 at 11:57 AM.
    2005 Ranger 520DVX w/ 225 Yamaha SHO

12. Member
    I just ordered Dow Corning molycote 55. It seems that what ever other lube I use, for what ever the hell reason works for awhile and then starts leaking.

I do a once in a while, usually every 2 month, lube with white Lithium grease. Can't remember the brand, but I think I got it at Napa. Waterproof and lubes well, and last a long time.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sjcorpst View Post
    I use a small smear of Vasoline once a month. I wipe it clean before adding new.
    Same hear and check you o ring
    2018 Z520L , 250 pro xs, ultrex 112 , hds 16 carbon , hds 12 carbon both on bbt mounts. Dual power poles

15. Member
    Where can I get a new O-ring?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MRN III View Post
    Where can I get a new O-ring?
    Homedepot or Lowe's, Probably Ace Hardware, etc. I think they are size #11, but let me check to confirm when I get home.

17. Member
    Is it a lot to take apart and replace?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MRN III View Post
    Is it a lot to take apart and replace?
    Verified. It's a #11. As for taking it apart, I don't bother. I slipped out right over the plug. Definitely will want you apply some lube to it. Mollykote 55 is what flowrite recommends.

19. Member
    Whistler---PM sent

4 years with the Flo-Rite drain plug with no issues. I haven’t touched it since installed. When I do have an issue with the O-Ring, I’ll change it. BTW, what size O-Ring is on the Flo-Rite? I assume Ranger uses Flo-Rite.
    ‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast