Helix G2N Connected to Ultrex US2 Transducer Depth Temperature Issues

Just recently installed my new Ultrex iPilot Link and Helix 7 G2N unit and when I am out on the lake the depth and temperature readings will show accurate readings sometimes, but quite frequently the depth and temp will go haywire at the same time. I'll clearly be in 5 feet of water with a water temp around 60 degrees and all of a sudden the temperature and depth will start bouncing all over the place. Sometimes the temp comes to rest and reads below freezing and the depth will go to 400+ feet deep and then down to 1.4 feet deep and all over in between, then after awhile it will go back to normal temp and depth readings again. Is anyone else having this problem? Anybody have any solutions for how to fix this? This is frustrating after installing over $3k in new equipment. Appreciate any help anybody can offer.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kpetersen7 View Post
    Just recently installed my new Ultrex iPilot Link and Helix 7 G2N unit and when I am out on the lake the depth and temperature readings will show accurate readings sometimes, but quite frequently the depth and temp will go haywire at the same time. I'll clearly be in 5 feet of water with a water temp around 60 degrees and all of a sudden the temperature and depth will start bouncing all over the place. Sometimes the temp comes to rest and reads below freezing and the depth will go to 400+ feet deep and then down to 1.4 feet deep and all over in between, then after awhile it will go back to normal temp and depth readings again. Is anyone else having this problem? Anybody have any solutions for how to fix this? This is frustrating after installing over $3k in new equipment. Appreciate any help anybody can offer.
    I had the same problem, Hummingbird offers a little round heavy ring that you wrap the cord to your helix thru a couple of times, problem fixed. Its a resistor, and it fixes it immediately