Thread: Z19 vs z20

Z19 vs z20

Guys need some help. Looking at new boats and wanting a nitro z series. Can't decide between the z19 with 200 or z20 with 250 verado. Any likes or dislikes between the two will help. I know the z20 is a bigger boat and motor but for the money will z19 hang with it? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. Member
    I just recently bought a Z20. Cant say enough good things about this boat. Is it the best on the market? Probably not. But for the money, size, accessories, etc, cant beat it. I believe the Z20 fishes extremely well for a 20 and so far the ride all around is amazing. I cant speak on the Z19. I'm sure some others will be along to give their insight on them.

Either way, I don't think you can go wrong. IMO, your decision should be based on your style of fishing, lakes you'll be fishing, budget, etc. Good luck with the search!
    2017 Nitro Z20 w/ Mercury 250 Pro XS
    MK Ultrex 112# Mega DI/ Mega 360
    Console: Helix 10 MDI G3N-Helix 10 MSI G3N
    Bow: Helix 10 MDI G3N-Helix 10 MDI G4N

3. Member
    My decision (I bought a 2017 Z20) came down to storage and horsepower capacity. The storage capacity of the Z20, particularly in the center box, was the real difference maker for me. I also really wanted the horsepower of the Merc. 250 and the Z19 is only rated for 200. They are both nice boats but storage is critical on a bass boat...at least for me. Good luck with your decision...

4. Member
    I have had a Z20 for a year now. It has a 250 Verado Pro on it. If I had to do it over again, I'd buy another one but closer to home instead of a dealer 100 miles away.

5. Member
    Jig man, when you say closer to a dealer was it for problems or just service? Also how well does the 250 verado run on that boat ? Guys thanks for the info.

6. Member
    I feel your pain OK ranger...I too was in your shoes as far as deciding and started at z19...then I asked people on this board questions read old posts and moved to z20 ONLY because I wanted a Verado from the begging ..a Verado on the z19 drops speed significantly compared to pro xs...and being this will be my bass boat for next 15 plus years I wanted to be happy...then looked at z20 and it was nice as far as center storage...then I finally decided will probably go z21 as diff in price was 3k by the time I add everything I want...but if you're okay with two stroke, which most everyone uses, I would Def saved the money and went z19...crazy specs performance wise and more than enough room...for me that is..anyways still haven't ordered but will soon..just deciding few things...the people on this forum are extremely helpful I found...so another thanks guys!

I am glad I have a 250 on my z8 and I didnt have to choose between the z19 and 20 cause it would have been hard. As far as my thoughts are if you can justify the extra coin for the extra few inches and hp I doubt you would regret it. Also when I got my z8 the pro package was identical for 8-9 but now there is major differences in the pro package between the 19-20-21. Make sure you know what your getting for how much. I can see the 19 being a great deal leaving you more money for towning and fuel. Boats are spendy.

8. Member
    Ok Ranger if you fish Grand I would get as much boat as you can fit in your garage. Thats big water and not saying a z19 can't handle it I just know for me I'd be looking at a z21 if the budget and space allowed. I have not been in either z19 or z20 but I would think if they fish anything close to my z8 you wont be unhappy with either.
    Nick Frazer
    YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Pin2win201

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ok Ranger View Post
    Jig man, when you say closer to a dealer was it for problems or just service? Also how well does the 250 verado run on that boat ? Guys thanks for the info.
    It was for problems they overlooked before delivery. They won't take appointments and want me to leave it with them. That would be driving a total of 400 miles for any reason for which it had to go back. So I take mine to the Bass Pro Service center which is only 15 miles from my house.

With a 3 1/2" p2p and a full load and passenger it will turn 6000 rpms and do 70 mph using a 25 pitch Trophy.

The deciding factor in my opinion is always cost.... So with that said, if you can afford the Z20 get it.... I would love to have a bigger boat with more power. But my Z19 is awesome.... It was easily affordable for me, fits in the garage, and fishes great solo or with a partner.

But I would expect a Z20 to be a bit of improvement over what I have, even though I am completely happy...
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

Quote Originally Posted by KCLOST View Post
    The deciding factor in my opinion is always cost.... So with that said, if you can afford the Z20 get it.... I would love to have a bigger boat with more power. But my Z19 is awesome.... It was easily affordable for me, fits in the garage, and fishes great solo or with a partner.

But I would expect a Z20 to be a bit of improvement over what I have, even though I am completely happy...
    Stepped down from a Z21 to Z19. I have not looked back.
    Collision Consultants of Akron--- Marine Fiberglass repair and electronic installer 3309333230

12. Member
    Thanks for all the info guys. Is there any z19 owners that would be willing to talk on the phone about there boat and answer some questions ? I'm really leaning to the z20 but would like to talk to a z19 owner. Thanks again guys.

13. Member
    If you are going to be a bear be a Grizzly. I have a Z19 and love it but if I was buying again today it would be the Z21. I am older and have bad balance and for me the bigger more stable the platform the better. They are all fine boats.

14. Member
    Love my z19. I've been in both but own a 19. And I think the 19 is awesome and fishes great and will go in very shallow water.

15. Member
    Thanks for all the info guys. I ended up buying a z20 with a 250 pro verado.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LipIt View Post
    Ok Ranger if you fish Grand I would get as much boat as you can fit in your garage. Thats big water and not saying a z19 can't handle it I just know for me I'd be looking at a z21 if the budget and space allowed. I have not been in either z19 or z20 but I would think if they fish anything close to my z8 you wont be unhappy with either.
    Yes go for the biggest you can. Grand can hand you your hind end in a bag in a 21 footer. I'd go as big as I could within reason.

17. Member
    Ranger, let us know how it runs. Post a pic so if I see you I'll say hi... Can't be too many z20s with a verado in eastern Oklahoma. Just like my procraft. I've seen red and white 210s but never one with a 250ss Suzuki.