Destination Pure Golf Locations?

Somewhat of a sister thread to the Best Courses thread what are your thoughts on or experiences to the new trend of remote destination resorts such as Bandon, Streamsong, Cabot Links, whistling straits and Sand Valley. My parents have a lakehouse in Central WI approximately 2 miles from the new "Bandon of the midwest" sand valley. It was created and designed by the founder of Bandon Mike Keiser. I played it on Monday and was blown away by the course. No carts all caddies and the course was built around the terrain which makes it a very natural experience. I have not been to bandon but from what I now you go there to do one thing and that is GOLF.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/04/t...mage.html?_r=0

2. Member
    Looked at Streamsong a couple years ago, but couldn't pull the trip together. It looked amazing though!!!

3. Member
    Wow! What a beautiful course. Sounds the same as Bandon Dunes, all golf with caddies, no golf carts and usually no exceptions. Walking those fairways in the natural terrain envisioned by the designer is a great experience. Glad you got to play Sand Valley, had to be amazing.

4. Banned
    I'm fortunate to have to drive through two Robert Trent Jones golf courses on the way home--on the street to our lake house. And at 8,050 yards from the back tees and lots of water holes, these are monster golf courses. One course is a links course and the other a conventional tree'd course.

And the golf courses are affiliated with a 4 star Marriott Hotel with a 300' tall tower with a revolving restaurant on top overlooking Wilson Lake and Pickwick Lake.

See: https://www.rtjgolf.com/theshoals/

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishinFamily View Post
    Looked at Streamsong a couple years ago, but couldn't pull the trip together. It looked amazing though!!!
    I played both courses at Streamsong last year when we went to Walt Disney World. Absolutely spectacular experience! Having a caddy was great, the food was incredible, and the service was top notch! I can't wait to go back!

Although not a pure golf trip, Kapalua is amazing as well!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorback01 View Post
    I played both courses at Streamsong last year when we went to Walt Disney World. Absolutely spectacular experience! Having a caddy was great, the food was incredible, and the service was top notch! I can't wait to go back!

Although not a pure golf trip, Kapalua is amazing as well!
    Its looking like I may have to take a vacation with the inlaws to Orlando next year and part of the negociation will be I get a day to go play streamsong, Did you do 36 in one day? What is the distance from Orlando? If you had to play Red or the Blue which would you pick?