Big Toho fishing in July

Probably making a long weekend and coming down for the 4th of July. Is it worth dragging the boat from NC or should I just get a couple of cases of Corona and sit by the pool? I'd even be open to some crappie fishing if it is any good. I apparently suck on Toho and catch more and bigger fish up here, LOL.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

2. Banned
    Or You could get a Guide and then drink Your Coronas and let them clean up all the crap! These drivers here absolutely SUCK and it isn't just the older folks anymore, the younger ones have caught up to the Blue Hairs as it relates to crappy, dangerous driving..

Good deal on Seafood at BostonLobster™ they have an "All You Can Eat" deal and back that up w/the "Early Bird" and You're set. They are on International Drive the other end opposite The OutletStores. There is a Brazilian Steakhouse across from BassPro that is outstanding if You enjoy grazing all sorts of livestock

3. Member
    Leave the boat at home and book a half day with a guide. July can be tough with so little time to invest on the lake

Yeah, maybe a half day guide would be a good idea. I've threatened to do it several times. Would be a good way to learn the place a little better. I wonder if any of them are interested in doing anything other than shiner fishing this time of year. Not sure why but I just can't get into fishing with shiners.

Been to BPS a ton but have never seen the Brazilian place. We usually stay closer to our place down Poinciana because traffic is such a PITA but maybe if the wife wants to hit the outlets we'll give it a try. I shed a tear when the Toby Keith place shut down. My dad and I went once and were looking forward to going again but that never happened. Since were on food, can anyone recommend a decent seafood place in that area. We are off of Poinciana a few miles south of 192.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

5. Member
    Texas de Brazil is across the street from the Bass pro location a little more to the south. If you've never been it's a good place to try. All you can eat, something like 17 different kind of meats all prepared on an open flame grill.

6. Banned
    I find it difficult to beat BostonLobsterFeast™ I'm just about ready for a trip down and strap on the feedbag. My Personal Best is 9 lobsters and this is after 'greasing' the guy a fin for the big ones, I had too many Oysters Rockefeller to really go for it. They have a whole bunch of good eats..

http://bostonlobsterfeast.com/menu

This is at the other end of I Drive. There is a real good EdwinWatts™ off of TurkeyLake Dr. if You play Golf.

There is also a place near Turkey Lake Park that rents bass boats by the hour/day. I think the skiffs are Bass Trackers, that is another option..

I'm also "in the same boat" as it relates to Shiner fishing. I did it one time to fish Lake Rousseau and I hit a stump and broke My collarbone, this after paying $1.00 each swimmer

Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    I find it difficult to beat BostonLobsterFeast™ I'm just about ready for a trip down and strap on the feedbag. My Personal Best is 9 lobsters and this is after 'greasing' the guy a fin for the big ones, I had too many Oysters Rockefeller to really go for it. They have a whole bunch of good eats..

http://bostonlobsterfeast.com/menu

This is at the other end of I Drive. There is a real good EdwinWatts™ off of TurkeyLake Dr. if You play Golf.

There is also a place near Turkey Lake Park that rents bass boats by the hour/day. I think the skiffs are Bass Trackers, that is another option..

I'm also "in the same boat" as it relates to Shiner fishing. I did it one time to fish Lake Rousseau and I hit a stump and broke My collarbone, this after paying $1.00 each swimmer
    Do you mean the place on 192 across from Joes Crabshack?
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

8. Member
    Just brought my boat down from Georgia this week. First time on toho and it's been steep learning curve from the Savannah River lakes I'm used to. Did manage to land a few fish including a 7-1/4 on a mag speed worm today. totally worth dragging the boat down for. And I didn't even buy any shiners...

9. 1/2 of ' team catfish ' ol man river's Avatar
    you might want to try east lake toho while youre down there

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    Do you mean the place on 192 across from Joes Crabshack?

No, The Boston Lobster Feast is on International Drive by the 'Upside Down Museum' , the opposite end of TheOutletMalls/BassPro/Brazilian Steakhouse