Getting new 'birds....help

Hey all, this past weekend i was on the water and trolling motor crapped out on my old Lund. So i took it to the closest watersports store/marina and had a new terrova installed. Now i want to get new graphs and have landed on getting a helix 12 SI G2N for the console, but want to get your take on what to get on the bow. I would like to have GPS, sonar, and DI up front, and spoke with the same place that installed the TM and he said all i would need is the GPS/sonar unit up front, as i would be able to pull the DI portion from the transducer in the terrova. Is that correct? Also, 10 or 12 up front? Is DI worth having on the bow? Thanks for any input. Brandon

I think SI is worth having at the bow and console. I don't see the purpose of having DI/2D only at the bow, but that's just me.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

Being able to pull the DI from the Terrova US2 makes no sense ...... The only way you would be able to get DI on GPS/sonar unit up front would be to share the imaging transducer at the console via networking. That transducer will be on the transom.

If you connect to the US2 with the GPS/2D model you will be able to get your 2D sonar from it. If you buy a DI unit, you will need to mount the DI transducer on the trolling motor since the US2 does NOT support DI.
    You would also want to swap the transducer that comes with the DI unit and get the one designed for the trolling motor since it has more shielding built into it and will help with reducing interference from the trolling motor.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

4. Member
    Bob you are correct. I misunderstood the dealer. I think I will prob end up going with just the GPS sonar unit in the front so I can use the transducer from the trolling motor. Also saves some $$$$.

5. Member
    Any special considerations in making the decision on which unit if possibly wanting to add 360 to the bow in the future?

Any of them will be fine with the 360 ..... bigger is better with the 360

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N