Camping with toddlers?

Any tips and tricks? Want to try and start camping next year with the two little ones. At that point they will be three and one. Anyone have any tips and tricks of doing so? Would be small weekend trips. Have found some good stuff online but always looking for more.

Start out with places that have things for kids to do ..... There are some Jellystone type campgrounds that have pools and miniature golf......a place with swings is good too. My daughter used to play on the swings half the day.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

3. Banned
    Our campground has great pools and a large playground. Our 29 year old daughter grew up there, and her 5 and 9 year olds are also playing on the same playground.

Like said a playground was always good when mine were young and the closer you can camp near it the better. Pond for swimming and fishing. fire for s'mores. We also stayed beside a creek a few time and they loved that. Enjoy they will grow so quick.
    89 Ranger 360v/05 Optimax 200

Our 3 year old loves camping and asks us to go all the time. A playground, place to swim, and a fire at night in the fire pit and he's good to go.

My kids 24 , 22 and 11 have grew up doing it. We always went places that where very kid friendly with swimming and playgrounds.

98 Bullet 20XD
    225 Pro Max

7. Member
    Keep a charged phone and plenty of food.
    2005 206
    BRP 225 H.O. (E225DHLSOF)
    Fury 4 24p @ 5,750 fully loaded

Bring lots to do and a pack-n-play with a sun shade.
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    2005 Lund Rebel SS 1650 w/25 HP Merc 4-stroke
    USAF 1985 - 2006 NKAWTG!

9. Member
    As you know little ones usually have no idea whats dangerous, you just have to keep an eye on them constantly. Take plenty of deet for skeeters and GOOD sunscreen.

10. Banned
    Our daughter grew up camping and it's a very wholesome lifestyle to spend weekends. We had a travel trailer for 19 years until we upgraded to a new fifth wheel 3 years ago.

I think we'd have been just as happy in a used pop up camper--if it had air conditioning.

We're part owners of a large campground an hour from the edge of Atlanta. It's an incredibly beautiful area and we couldn't wait until Friday afternoons when we could get out of the big city. Even our tent campsites have cable tv hookups and WiFi in the air.

My wife and I are considering heading up there Sunday for the week.

even before the Gubberment stopped free TV air waves for TV antennas.. couldn't get but 1 very fuzzy no picture on TV. In mountain area lake/campgrounds. So we carried DVD and CD movies to watch on TV, when bed time or occasionally rainy camp/fishing days. Of course KOA camps have cable.. but those kind of places may as well stay at Holiday Inns. Then can have Nintendo etc . and they're favorite toys. when little trikes, bikes.10 yrs ago flying J Truck stop sold these scooters, wife had a yellow and I a red one. was fun for a ride to the showers' & wash and dryer room from camp site. and a ride around the camp grounds. But the ass hole camp keeper for the Army Corp lake and campground, who rode a Vespa for rounds. stopped by camp on 3rd day. said we couldn't use them. as wasn't tagged for street use.

12. Member
    Well I just got back from our first ever camping trip with our 1 and 3 year old, it was an adventure. We stayed next to my inlaws who have a large 32 foot RV and we had a popup. We stayed in a state park campground in WI and the amenities were sparse so the playground was pretty far. Here are a few tips I would suggest.

1) Get a large site that drains well, our site had a river running through it when it rained and our daughter ( 3 yo) just made a mess
    2) get a site close to restrooms, it was a long 300 yard walk 5 times a day
    3) somebody said bring a pack and play, great advise we did not and never had a place to put my son so we always were carrying him
    4) bring bikes and get a bike trailer, we put them in that and they would sleep for hours while we rode our bikes.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IBILTIT View Post
    As you know little ones usually have no idea whats dangerous, you just have to keep an eye on them constantly. Take plenty of deet for skeeters and GOOD sunscreen.
    Yep, my daughter touched two fingers on the grill lid after I took my eye off of her for 20 seconds