Thread: What Frog?

What Frog?

I realize that there are different applications ... but generally speaking what frog and colors (belly) work the best to hook-up? I hate not getting them to the boat because they didn't eat it. Some times it's me. Often, they just don't get it.

Please remember sun screen ... I've had too much sun, and several visits to the dermatologist in the last few years to get pieces cut off -basal cell cancer ... males more sense to use sun screen.
    Last edited by hooksetter5; 06-07-2017 at 08:09 AM.

Mississippi River Pool 13
    Ranger R93 / Merc 200

2. Member

Just got a little chunk cut off my arm yesterday by the dermatologist. Off to the lab for analysis. Can't help with the frog choices.

4. Banned
    Booyahs for me,white or black,cut legs 2 1/2 ". When you get big blow up,wait a second and slam it, otherwise hit it right away,if they miss ,let it sit.If you miss completely,spray your frog with bang garlic,and throw back to the same spot,let it sit ,the move it slightly. I've had them hit up to five times in the same spot before I got them.

5. Member
    I've had some decent luck with Booyah Poppin pad Crasher's lately, I've thrown Leopard Frog(whitish belly) and Bull Frog(Greenish Belly). Prior to using then I Was using Popping Furbits frogs which would get bit but seemed to have a lower hookup ratio in my opinion.

6. Member
    I think I am going to buy some new ones to try. I have the really old Scum Frogs from years ago.
    Praying for a Cure

7. Member
    I like pad crashers white or black is what I usually throw.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

8. Banned
    I've found these to be the 'easiest' to fish; they cast great, they come through the pads the easiest (that "V" section of LilyPads that seems to grab the bait/line) and if You want to "Walk The Dog" they sashay like a stripper..

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Termi...page-TWFG.html

Their newer "Popping Frog" is also a keeper..

Edit: The "Hot Mud Camo" is the one I have currently attached (real nice colors)

9. Member
    LiveTarget Frog

I've had my best hook up success with this LiveTarget frog. Out of all the frogs I've thrown, it's by far the softest. The body collapses easily and the hooks are perfectly positioned. You also get what you pay for. While it's soft, it pretty durable. I'd give it a 9.9/10.

As far as colors go, I usually stick to a white bottom or yellow bottom.

10. Member
    I throw Spro frogs. Mostly the popping frogs. I only have 2 real patterns...either a white belly or black/dark belly. The top doesn't really matter much for me other than my own confidence. Before about 10am it's dark belly. After 10am (when the sun gets higher) it's white belly.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

11. Member
    SPRO

12. Banned
    If You do decide to go with the SPRO™ brand frogs, make sure You store SPRO by their lonesome, they don't store well with others..

From SPRO™ "Keep SPRO with SPRO and 'others' with 'others'...

13. Member
    the terminators do walk good