Hi guys, need some hlelp

I will be fishing the BASS eastern regionals next week on the upper Chesapeake. Can you give me an idea of what types of cover I'll be fishing and what types of baits? I'm going as a non boater so I'm trying to pare down what I usually carry in my boat. Thanks.

Ranger Z521 Mercury 250 Pro XS

As far as cover is concerned you may be fishing grass, docks, pilings, rip rap & laydowns. If your boater runs up in the Susquehanna you may also fish some rocky areas. I can't speak for everyone but I like to use the following baits. If I'm fishing grass I like to throw rubber (senkos & crawfish type baits), swim jigs, swim baits, chatterbaits and spinnerbaits. Pack a few frog type top water baits. I don't know if the top water bite has started yet. As far as docks, pilings & laydowns are concerned my #1 choice is pitching rubber. A lot of guys do well on moving baits. (Crank baits, spinnerbaits etc. ) If you draw someone who may be targeting smallmouth up in the Susquehanna, my go to baits are a tube, 4" senko, and small bandit Crankbait. Good luck!!

3. Member
    Maybe we'll draw each other ha. I'm a boater on the Georgia team. Heading up tomorrow :)

Wish I could help but I'm for the MD team. :)
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.