Thread: Setup questions

Setup questions

Thinking they have my motor to low on the 6 in Detwiler jackplate. Motor mounted in top hole on Mercury Optimax. Is this correct? Jackplate is almost all the way up. It used to run best right in the middle. Guessing I can't run the 27 Bravo anymore either.....barely getting out of hole. Sent it back to the dealer to get it all running right.
    Gambler Outlaw 1900 SC
    Mercury Optimax 200 3.0 liter Torquemaster
    Mercury Trophy 25P
    Minn Kota Fortrex 80
    Garmin 106sv Ultra & 93sv UHD

2. Member
    You should be able to turn that 27 bravo, mine runs best at 3" BP or somewhere close to that. But holeshot is better with the motor at 1.5-2" BP. Measure it and see where your at. Also, because of the pad design on Gamblers what is the most accurate way to measure one? in the middle part of the pad that is inverted/raised? Or the lower part of the sides of the pad? You may also not be getting as good of a holeshot as the Evinrude did either, they are better out of the hole as I understand.

My Opti is set in the middle holes on a Bob's JP and runs from 05." BP down to 6.5" BP.

need to measure...
    every JP is different...
    trim motor down and take a picture so we can view...
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

Mounted in the top hole will take away some of your ability to adjust the plate...Most are mounted in the second hole, but as has been said, its better to measure.. I think its too low..
    LD

What was the gear ratio on the rude????? if it was different, then yes you may need to change props...
    LD

6. Member
    Rude had a 2009 lightning 2 with 1.86's Thinking it is similar to the 4 hole torquemaster I have now. 1.75's
    Last edited by GamblerSam; 06-09-2017 at 12:19 AM.
    Gambler Outlaw 1900 SC
    Mercury Optimax 200 3.0 liter Torquemaster
    Mercury Trophy 25P
    Minn Kota Fortrex 80
    Garmin 106sv Ultra & 93sv UHD