Daiwa reels issue???

Anyone else having issues with the newer Daiwa's breaking line in the middle of the spool??? I bought all new Tatulas last year (10 of them!!!) and have had some major issues with line breaking on a couple of them. I popped 15lb InvisX 6-7 times on casts throwing jerk baits this spring, just casting. It always seemed to break at casts length, which sucks losing that much line every time.

At first I thought maybe I had a bad guide on my favorite St Croix rod, but now I have talked to two others that are having the same issues. I love Daiwa product, but if this is an issue with the t-wing system I sure hope there is a fix for it.
    Yes I have a Pro Staff. No, you can't touch it.

I emailed Daiwa CS, will update if any news.

I have been using Daiwas with T-wing for years, never seen that issue but that doesnt mean it doesnt exist. Look forward to hearing what you find out.

My first thought was a bad eye but you checked that... and you said a few reels so Im thinking the issue might be a bad spool of line or something along those lines. Did you happen to birdnest the reels that are having the issue in the recent past? That can cause kinks and weak spots in the line
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

Daiwa did admit there were issues with the early t-wing system but says they have all been fixed. I'm not convinced as I just bought mine last year, unless they sat on the shelves for several years. When did the Type-R come out?

I haven't noticed any problems so far.

Check the T-wing line guides on the reels...look closely. There were a few reports of grooving issues in the past.

7. Member
    I have the same problem with the Lews super duty and the Lews BB1. I think it the Japanese Sunline I am using. If there is a small loop and I don't notice it when I cast, the line will break. Does it with 15lb and 20lb. Switched a couple of reels out to Stren and no more problems.