Thread: Spinnerbaits

Spinnerbaits

How do yall fiah spinnerbaits in this muddy La water? Ive tried my luck nd cant find the sweetspot.. I rip it , jig it, and fished it like a worm...

You must not be throwing a HUMDINGER!!!

3. Member
    i like humdinger's and mr. hooty spinnerbaits, white/chart gold willow and nickel colorado is about all I use with a chart trailer. I just reel it in, no fancy kvd jerking or twitching.

4. Member
    Slow roll 3/8 oz chartreuse and white with a gold Indiana blade humdinger.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WPC3 View Post
    Slow roll 3/8 oz chartreuse and white with a gold Indiana blade humdinger.
    Where did you get the 3/8 oz Humdingers? I can only find the 1/4 oz.

6. Member
    Not sure in your area, but walmart usually has some.

7. Member
    Superior tackle on seigen lane in Baton Rouge has a great selection of dingers

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Mo View Post
    Where did you get the 3/8 oz Humdingers? I can only find the 1/4 oz.
    Bayside Tackle in Pierre Part has them.

9. Member
    Y'all rather the 3/8 or the 1/4 oz models ?

3/8 white/chart booyah blade, cut off the small blade and switch the big one for an over sized Colorado gold blade. Usually put a white KVD perfect plastics paddle tail shad for a trailer. Slow roll it through or around grass beds/ lily pads.

11. Member
    I don't throw either. I use a 3/8 Rp3 custom in a sexy shad when I do use a spinnerbait. I feel like the humdinger hooks are too small for my taste

12. Member
    Attached Images Attached Images

13. Member
    The right size hook is important. Sometimes a larger hook is not as good depending on the size of the fish and profile of the lure. Smaller fish may roll a large hook over when they strike resulting in less hookups. It is more critical if you flutter or pause the lure or if they are slamming it hard. This is especially true on a swim jig. If you are getting a lot of hookups in the corner of the mouth a large or dull hook may be the issue. Just my opinion, it and 10 bucks gets you a bag of senkos

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboots View Post
    I don't throw either. I use a 3/8 Rp3 custom in a sexy shad when I do use a spinnerbait. I feel like the humdinger hooks are too small for my taste
    Humdinger spinnerbaits have been around as long as I can remember and I'm 38. I'm sure they've caught millions of bass throughout the U.S. there probly isn't a spinnerbait made that has caught more. The hook works just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by WPC3 View Post
    Humdinger spinnerbaits have been around as long as I can remember and I'm 38. I'm sure they've caught millions of bass throughout the U.S. there probly isn't a spinnerbait made that has caught more. The hook works just fine.
    Willie just post some pictures of the checks your family has cashed in on dem HUMDINGERS!!!

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanman64 View Post
    Willie just post some pictures of the checks your family has cashed in on dem HUMDINGERS!!!
    Wish I would have put an extra quarter in a solid mutual fund for every fish I caught on a Humdinger from the beginning. I might be able to retire one day. Only problem would have been finding the extra quarters back then. If you had a bag of persuader worms and a white spinnerbait you were ready for action.

17. Member
    Never said they wouldn't work. Just said it wasn't my thing and I prefer a bigger hook and a different brand that's all. 10 pounders get caught on Toledo bend by white perch fisherman on 1" tube jigs and those hooks are tiny, is it the best method that gives you the best shot? No but it does happen. I wasn't bashing the humdinger and even suggested a spot to get them, thanks

18. Member
    They all have their +'s and -'s. Everyone has a preference, thats why there are different brands, colors, hooks, blades etc. What works for one may not work for someone else. Thats what makes the world go around. It would be a boring place if everyone liked exactly the same things.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboots View Post
    Never said they wouldn't work. Just said it wasn't my thing and I prefer a bigger hook and a different brand that's all. 10 pounders get caught on Toledo bend by white perch fisherman on 1" tube jigs and those hooks are tiny, is it the best method that gives you the best shot? No but it does happen. I wasn't bashing the humdinger and even suggested a spot to get them, thanks

He wasn't bashing humdingers, he was just plugging Ronald Pierre's Baits!! Haha!!

20. Member
    Finally found some Humdingers in town... Searched and search, and found the Towns secret Stash of them... The 1/4oz H20 Spinnerbait wasnt doing it for me...lol