Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Another request for chart/di/si view for helix units. Currently helix has chart/2d/si view but I really prefer DI on this split screen.

on touch screen units let me draw a box or oval (could even let it have 10 points so i could make crescent shapes) on the map or si screen and shade it purple or something, would save me time and screen clutter marking the ends and width of rock piles.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

With 360 imaging installed on an Ultrex trolling motor, automatically turn 360 off when stowed.
    Allow, short and long presses on the 3 customizable keys to allow for storing 6 views vs 3 views

Put the Smart Strike menu under HB Charts (or just Charts) instead of hiding it under the Check Mark button. As a new Smart Strike user it makes no sense to me. I searched for 20 minutes on my Helix 10 then had to go online to find out how to access Smart Strike i just downloaded to my Chart Select cards.
    2018 Skeeter MX1825 w/175 Yamaha 4-Stroke
    80# MK Ultrex w/ I-Pilot
    HB Helix 10 SI Mega, HB Helix 9 SI, Helix 9, Garmin 106SV
    USAF Ret

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio Archer View Post
    Put the Smart Strike menu under HB Charts (or just Charts) instead of hiding it under the Check Mark button. As a new Smart Strike user it makes no sense to me. I searched for 20 minutes on my Helix 10 then had to go online to find out how to access Smart Strike i just downloaded to my Chart Select cards.
    I kinda like the one button to open the ss menu , seems quicker and easier for me

Quote Originally Posted by ntslam View Post
    I kinda like the one button to open the ss menu , seems quicker and easier for me
    It didn't always bring up the SS menu. Guess it depends on what screen you're in. I had Sonar "Off" and only used the chart screens. Sometimes it would come up with the SS but other times it would come up with something else. I'm used to scrolling the menus I guess. Hardly use the check button.
    Last edited by Ohio Archer; 11-21-2017 at 06:42 PM.
    80# MK Ultrex w/ I-Pilot
    USAF Ret

7. Member
    As i can connect my phone to solix, I'd like to share screenshots to my phone with bluetooth.

8. Member
    ^^^ be nice with a helix, also record 360 with it as well

Quote Originally Posted by ntslam View Post
    I'll have to backtrack on my original response. After using my Helix 10 today (which I give a ) I agree that the check key is very useful for getting to Smart Strike.
    80# MK Ultrex w/ I-Pilot
    USAF Ret

10. Member
    Chris1978 - be able to set each depth on map as a different color, let the user pick the color they want. This should work with lake master or navionics.

Ex: 1ft red, 2ft green, 3ft blue, 4ft orange.

(On helix & Solix)

Yes This ^^^^^ At least for the Lakemaster
    Last edited by jayg4; 11-22-2017 at 08:25 AM. Reason: take quotes out

11. Banned
    id like to be able to respond to texts from the unit. just seeing the notification is redundant as I always have my phone in my pocket unless it's raining

12. Member

??

Quote Originally Posted by jayg4 View Post
    Chris1978 - be able to set each depth on map as a different color, let the user pick the color they want. This should work with lake master or navionics.

Ex: 1ft red, 2ft green, 3ft blue, 4ft orange.

(On helix & Solix)
    C

Yes This ^^^^^ At least for the Lakemaster
    Curious, how would you use that feature. My home lake is over 200' deep. Lots of colors! Bob

13. Banned
    id be happy with 10 depth highlights like garmin does, instead of the 1 we have now. i also wish they would change how depth highlight works. instead of doing a depth and an offset that doesn't let you do some odd ranges, let us choose a begin depth and end depth.

14. Member
    I must be slow. Could one of you multiple color guys spell it out for me. How are these different colors helpful to fishing? 10 or infinite colors. Bob

I use mine on 3 or 4 along with shallow water highlight and my targeted depth. More than enough for me.
    80# MK Ultrex w/ I-Pilot
    USAF Ret

Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    I must be slow. Could one of you multiple color guys spell it out for me. How are these different colors helpful to fishing? 10 or infinite colors. Bob

Red 0-5' can't run the boat on plane, shallow
    white 5-8'
    green 8-11' weed growth target zone
    11-13' sky blue ring or trees
    13-17' purple, contrasts good to see humps
    17-20 orange, contrast for deeper humps
    21------ darker blue the deeper it gets.

Thats an example^^^

this is how I get by

depth sharing set at two
    0-5 red
    6- my target is white
    green is target like 8-12
    very light blue shading goes to 21ish feet then drops to darker blue so I get 5 colors but

why it would be nice to get another option or two is when the weeds grow 7-9' but trees are 11-13' and my only current solution is to stretch out green from 7-13 and know the shallow side has weeds and the deep side is old shoreline/trees
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

With the different colors I don't necessarily need to see the depth markings to know what depth I'm over especially when running on plane. Red (less than 3')---stay away; Green---my targeted depth for fishing; Blue/Dark Blue---deeper than I want to be when casting or trolling. That's just my setup. Lakemaster map colors are better than Navionics. I like being able to set those as needed.
    80# MK Ultrex w/ I-Pilot
    USAF Ret

Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    id be happy with 10 depth highlights like garmin does, instead of the 1 we have now. i also wish they would change how depth highlight works. instead of doing a depth and an offset that doesn't let you do some odd ranges, let us choose a begin depth and end depth.
    2ND!
    "The handicapped angler"

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Depth Highlight is used to highlight the depth zone for the current pattern. Say fish are in brush piles in 20-30 feet of water. You would highlight that range and fish that zone. What if there was a second pattern on docks in 5-10 foot of water. Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to highlight that range as well?

20. Member
    Glad others would like to see the highlite different colours by 1 foot settings.

Must be for navionics & lakemaster.

So Humminbird lets get it done ��

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast