Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joebassletter View Post
    An easy software update for the quick keys. Instead of just 3 presets you could have 9. Press preset 1x get screen 1a, press preset button 2x quickly get screen 1b, etc

key press 1x press 2x quickly press 3x quickly
    button1.......1a..............1b...............1c
    button2.......2a.............2b...............2c
    button3.......3a.............3b...............3c

This would triple the number of presets available without requiring more buttons.
    This would be great.. Atleast have 2 options per preset.

2. Member
    Also, I would really like to have the settings (active side, map scale, chart speed, etc) to be kept with the particular screen being viewed.

For instance, the two presets I use most often are
    -SI on the left, map on the right (when scanning)
    -2d on the left, map on the right (when running)

When I'm scanning, the active screen is usually SI (left) and map scale less than 500'.
    When I'm running, the active screen is usually map (right) and map scale 1000' or .25sm

It's annoying to have to change the active screen and map scale every time I change preset screens. Make the unit remember the settings relative to the screen combo being viewed.

3. Member
    One box (computer) to which I can attach multiple (thin & light) monitors and multiple transducers (if desired). The box could reside out of the way. A powerful chip in the box that can handle new software features for many years.

Quote Originally Posted by BackLash1 View Post
    One box (computer) to which I can attach multiple (thin & light) monitors and multiple transducers (if desired). The box could reside out of the way. A powerful chip in the box that can handle new software features for many years.
    I think that would be a good way to go too .... kind of a client server network. Use WiFi so all you need is power to put the monitors anywhere you want.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob B View Post
    I think that would be a good way to go too .... kind of a client server network. Use WiFi so all you need is power to put the monitors anywhere you want.
    X3

I've been begging for a box with add on screens for a while, and honestly that is what it will take for me to upgrade my electronics at this point.

Also so maybe a soft key to select the active panel.

on my older units zoom in and out doesn't work to adjust the si range, I don't know why not. Can it be done if it still isn't being?

7. Member
    Lakemaster charts with the "mini" SD and an adapter are very unreliable and unseat all the time, wasted a lot of time on the water pushing and pulling and reseating these things just to get a map! With three units I've had to buy 6 charts due to my living on the border of Illinois and Wisconsin. ( I Know "Time to move!!") you haters.

Share map data in helix 9 10 12 models

I would be happy if the owner's manual was more detailed on functions what they do and how to set them for you conditions, I have functions on my gen 2 helix 9 with no idea what they do or how to set them with nothing about them in the manual.

10. Member
    Mega 360.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jb357 View Post
    If you're in 10-15 feet can you not set you min depth to 8 and your max to 17 and have the same thing?
    Doesnt work for me. My lake has quite big depth changes. I search for humps from 45ft to 5 ft and thats why that doesnt serve me right.

Quote Originally Posted by Naaman View Post
    This would be great.. Atleast have 2 options per preset.

There are already two extra quick views for each preset. First one is the one you select, then there is the one before and after it in the main view rotation, just push the View or Exit button to get those two views.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

13. Member
    Grouping

on my onix you can have it default to My data or create lakes and have it default to that lake. Problem is one never can remember to change the default when one goes from lake to lake. So on start up ask what group you want it to default too or create a new group. So much easier to organize way points.

Need a better PC software to view and change details of the waypoints, like group name, icon, color, etc. When using Humminbird PC, you do not get those options. So if one does make a mistake and select the wrong group as above then they can do a quick fix, just my know the dates the icons were created.
    2020 BassChamps Central Lake Belton 1st - Feb 2
    2019 Media Bass Individual Champion - Richland Chambers Sep 7-8
    2019 CAST Champions - Sam Rayburn Oct 19-20
    2011 BassChamps East Region Champions-Sam Rayburn Oct 1-2

2020 Bullet 21XRS 2020 Mercury 250 ProXS 4 Stroke
    Texas Realtor
    Helping Texans buy and Sell their Homes

14. Banned
    I'd like to figure out a way to move everything from one group to another all at the same time instead of individually

How about having the overlay data in one view/box only!

If you have three views you have three sets of data displayed taking up valuable space

there is no need to display this information so many times

It should be set to display the data in the larger view or the top left view
    "The handicapped angler"

Have mapping contour lines displayed on the 360 view.with the ability to to a just the transparency were a person could see structure while also seeing were the structure is located in relation to depth. It would be the same as you see in this video. Only difference would be having the 360 running with live data and have the mapping contour lines overlay ed on the 360 screen...

17. Member
    Would like to be able to see waypoint icons when viewing SI, DI or 2d

18. Member
    I have a helix 10di with a 360,no other transducer connected to the unit.When using the 360 for side imaging it sure would be nice to mark stuff off to the sides,you can only mark stuff right under you.Why have si through the 360 if you cant mark anything,redicilious.

Quote Originally Posted by blueball View Post
    I have a helix 10di with a 360,no other transducer connected to the unit.When using the 360 for side imaging it sure would be nice to mark stuff off to the sides,you can only mark stuff right under you.Why have si through the 360 if you cant mark anything,redicilious.
    Using my Helix 12 CHIRP SI GPS, I did a few waypoints this morning using the 360 for Side Imaging. I just pushed the 4-way button to pause the screen scrolling (same as using the SI transducer) and marked some stumps with waypoints that were near the outer edge of the Range.
    The Range setting was what the 360 was set to (40') not the SI Range setting (50').
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

20. Member
    Need to be able to have a split screen on a Solix with mapping and still be able to adjust 360 view ---right, left , straight etc.

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast