Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins View Post
    I've never had to do this with my Humminbird units. Describe the scenario you're talking about.
    On lakes that the water level fluctuates, you can adjust the water level offset in the chart menu to match the actual water level of the lake. It corrects the contour depth numbers and shading on the map to actual water levels.
    On the deep water reservoirs I fish I have to adjust this sometimes daily, as they can fluctuate 100 ft or more per season.
    Last edited by B Holmes; 05-27-2018 at 10:22 AM.

2. Member
    Lakemaster is the only mapping you can do this. How would the map ever know about the changes in lake level of millions of lakes? Someone would have to change those values in your fishfinder.
    DougL58 was that your wish?
    Last edited by bobcoy; 05-27-2018 at 02:22 PM. Reason: question to wish

3. Member
    Lake level offset under HB Chart tab i think. Indespensable...

4. Member

Humminbird Website

HB website went from best in industry to worst. Change it back...

5. Member
    I completely agree with you IceNitro. I tried to do the Onix update to version 3.110 and it just doesn't work. The instructions on the "new" website describe how to do an update with a zip file, and the version 3.110 update is a .upd file versus a zip file. I had to call Customer Service, and when I told them about the instructions on the "new" website were for a zip file, the Customer Service rep. put me on hold for 10 minutes and finally came back and said, "yes, I guess you are right." Wow, glad to know the Customer Service reps are aware of the changes. My Humminbird worked well in my opinion, so not sure why they went to the "new" website, but it's a disaster in my opinion.
    Phil
    Phil Shuman

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Lakemaster is the only mapping you can do this. How would the map ever know about the changes in lake level of millions of lakes? Someone would have to change those values in your fishfinder.
    You can manually adjust the lake level offset. The humminbird knows the correct depth. The lake map should have some depth markers set to communicate with the finder and then automatically adjust. I'm sure the current issue is that the map does not communicate in any way.

7. Member
    Most of these lake maps are for 10's of thousands of acres. Maps are not exact copies of the bottom. in fact a good percentage is interpolated from surrounding bottom data. To map every square inch is beyond what any company does. In other words you can't use every contour in every cove on the lake and expect a very small error. That is why we need to start by getting over a relatively flat area and adjust to get us in the ballpark.( a known spot for consistency would be better) Fine tuning could be done I suppose by averaging several spots we could get it more accurate.
    Forgot your question about com with the map. When we adjust the offset it changes the numbers on the contours.

8. Member
    Better on phone customer service.

9. Member
    Solix:
    - Ability to adjust pane sizes in split screens
    - Enlarged 360 view to match Helix
    - Ability to show full screen 360 except for a small map overlay in one corner. It would be very nice to be able to see both a small map and a large 360 view at the same time
    - Allow 360 to be displayed on the top/bottom split option (and to adjust the position of the split!)

10. Member
    A unit that a trolling motor made by their sister company will work correctly on the bow when the minn Kota motor is on.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by masterbass View Post
    make it possible to scroll back on your side imaging like lowrance! should not have to pause screen to mark a waypoint! also make it possible to erase waypoints from any screen instead of having to walk up to bow unit to erase a waypoint off that unit
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

12. Member
    How about a pause/resume feature on the "follow the contour" to deviate a bit to retrieve a bait or maneuver around an obstacle without having to start the whole process over.

13. Member
    MEGA 360

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buggy Miller View Post
    Solix:
    - Ability to adjust pane sizes in split screens
    This!

For trolling I like the Chart/2d screen or maybe a Chart with an over/under 2d/SI but really would like a 60/40 split to get more map area displayed.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    lakemaster is not the only one. garmin does it as well as depth highlights for 10 different depth ranges instead of 1

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Z175MAN View Post
    How about a pause/resume feature on the "follow the contour" to deviate a bit to retrieve a bait or maneuver around an obstacle without having to start the whole process over.

This!
    A fisherman is a jerk on one end of the line
    ~~~~ waiting for a jerk on the other ~~~~

2007 Triton TR21XHP
    2006 Mercury 250 Optimax Pro XS

17. Member
    -Follow the contour that uses live depth readings from sonar, instead of map data.
    -Live 360 imaging
    -Less interference with minnkota
    -Better stock transducer shielding
    -Faster processors
    -More window adjustment and customizable views

18. Member
    Would be nice to power down all the units (on a network) from one location.

Be able to turn off I pilot controls on Helix 10 Gen 1. Once you open it on Chart/SI or Chart/DI, you can't shut it off.

Option to reverse software upgrade.

Option to return to original software.

Get rid of double bottom on 2D

2D and DI overlay option (like fish reveal).

19. Member
    GIVE FULL SCREEN 360 back to HELIX 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The update removes it

20. Member
    would it not be possible to make side scan mosaics on the helix mega units.

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast