1. Member
    Mega 360 & better waypoint management and icons
    2017 Nitro Z21
    2017 250 Pro XS T2 (SN 2B401909)
    Bravo 1XS 26P
    BMS 12" Action Jack
    Ultrex 112# - Solix 12 - 12' Talons

Club: lunkersunlimited.net

The ability to share mapping waypoint's between units so you don't have to have mapping Cards into separate units as long as they are networked with all hummingbird Helix mega

3. Member
    I am sure HB can glean a few good ideas, Get a few laughs and send out what page number in the manual the answer to their feature request is on. Bob

Larger gauge power wire
    a default screen for power up
    not forced map sharing
    dual sonar inputs and display both like the carbon, US on the troller and in hull
    make all overlay selectable and force nothing
    3 hot keys for different symbols of waypoints that are selectable, example- rockpile, weeds, wood, dive flag, hazard....
    a second Ethernet out so we can ditch the 5port box

Those that suggested a larger power wire, that makes no difference. It is plenty large for it's 6' length. It's when wire has to be added between it and the battery that the resistance (voltage drop) becomes an issue. The wimpy boat wiring harness , if used, is the culprit in most cases. Wire length= resistance.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    I would like my Onix to work flawless from here on, just got it back from Humminbird for second time in two weeks for a blank gray screen at start up and nothing working, first time they just reloaded software, second time they found keypad buttons sticking causing it to loose memory, also replaced the transducer, apparently it was bad, so hopefully this is the charm.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    I am sure HB can glean a few good ideas, Get a few laughs and send out what page number in the manual the answer to their feature request is on. Bob
    Yep!!

like someone said.. when you turn it on it goes to full bright...how about an auto dimming feature like a phone..that can be turned on and off.

also the time display issues like others said.

i have the helix 9 si and its great already!
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

9. Member
    1- get rid of the 20 color palletes. Have different colors of bottom that can be changed independently of the background color and overlays. Less to look through. Less glitchy.

2- better processor/internal gps antenna. It can be shakey even compared to 10 year old technology.

3- live 360 sonar.

4- better shielding in the transducer cables/transducer. It's bad to buy a $1500 unit and need a specific transducer to allow mounting it on the trolling motor.

5- autochart live should use 5-6 points of reference per second through a side image unit to build maps. Trigonometry could determine depth.

6- new button which has the sole function of determining "active side" allowing you to quickly switch between sides of the screen you are adjusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Those that suggested a larger power wire, that makes no difference. It is plenty large for it's 6' length. It's when wire has to be added between it and the battery that the resistance (voltage drop) becomes an issue. The wimpy boat wiring harness , if used, is the culprit in most cases. Wire length= resistance.
    How often is a 6’ cord going to reach from the console to the battery on a boat? Never mind the bow

You wouldn’t get multiple users requesting longer / larger gauge cords if they didn’t need them

My request was for a larger gauge power cord because not only is distance resistance but so is wire gauge Thus the reason we need to run 10 gauge from the battery

When you run 10 gauge wire from the battery to the bow like I did the biggest resistance is the 18 gauge power cord

If they provided a 10 gauge or at least a 12 gauge power cord for the larger units we could get better voltage/amperage at the unit and have less issues

When I rigged the unit for the first time I left the full 18 gauge power cord in place – once I was happy with everything I cut the power cord down to less than a foot and I gained almost a 1/2 volt

Add to this the Solix power plug has an 8 pin plug yet the cord has 3 wires positive, Negative and a shielding wire so what are the other 5 pins for? If it had only 3 pins you could use a larger gauge wire for this
    "The handicapped angler"

I'd like to see the scroll back feature added to the Helix series.
    I would like to be able scan thru an area and then scroll back to mark waypoints......I know it can be accomplished with the record function..... and I have done that .... but is a lot more time consuming.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

12. Member
    For helix units
    1. Really miss ability to Scroll back
    2. Need a GPS SI DI split. Has every other 3 way split but this is the one I need most.
    3. Split SI screen horizontally rather than vertically. A vertical split cuts screen in half and degrades image, but a horizontal split gives the ability to utilize the full width of the screen. Would love to be able to run gps/DI split across top half and SI on full bottom half.
    4. Map sharing.
    5. Voltage sensitivity is a bit much. mega unit shuts off every time I start engine with a great battery.

Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    How often is a 6’ cord going to reach from the console to the battery on a boat? Never mind the bow

You wouldn’t get multiple users requesting longer / larger gauge cords if they didn’t need them

My request was for a larger gauge power cord because not only is distance resistance but so is wire gauge Thus the reason we need to run 10 gauge from the battery

When you run 10 gauge wire from the battery to the bow like I did the biggest resistance is the 18 gauge power cord

If they provided a 10 gauge or at least a 12 gauge power cord for the larger units we could get better voltage/amperage at the unit and have less issues

When I rigged the unit for the first time I left the full 18 gauge power cord in place – once I was happy with everything I cut the power cord down to less than a foot and I gained almost a 1/2 volt

Add to this the Solix power plug has an 8 pin plug yet the cord has 3 wires positive, Negative and a shielding wire so what are the other 5 pins for? If it had only 3 pins you could use a larger gauge wire for this
    Great tip about cutting back the insufficient 18 gauge power cable as far as possible! 18 gauge has six times the resistance of 10 gauge.

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bgproudfew View Post
    For helix units
    1. Really miss ability to Scroll back
    2. Need a GPS SI DI split. Has every other 3 way split but this is the one I need most.
    3. Split SI screen horizontally rather than vertically. A vertical split cuts screen in half and degrades image, but a horizontal split gives the ability to utilize the full width of the screen. Would love to be able to run gps/DI split across top half and SI on full bottom half.
    4. Map sharing.
    5. Voltage sensitivity is a bit much. mega unit shuts off every time I start engine with a great battery.
    Buy a solix for the features you want. If the unit cuts off when cranking you have a bad connection and/or an insufficient battery.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by greeneb View Post
    Adding time to the overlays, or even better give the ability to select what you want to overlay.
    +1

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob B View Post
    Ya.....put em back the way they were....the originals were better. If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    I like the gold fish too, why not have a choice when fish ID is turned on.

17. Member
    To be able to scroll back through sonar history. I think this is available on the Solix. It should be available on the Helix. Would be a nice option!

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bgproudfew View Post
    For helix units
    4. Map sharing.
    ^^^^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cards21 View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS X 2!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

20. Member
    X 3 with one addition horizontal with side imaging at bottom and di
    over that. I know "I should have bought a solix" however for what my helix 10 mega cost is about
    the same as my gen 1 lowrance cost and it did it. I am not computer engineer but I would imagine they could probably do it with software

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast