Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Pat Goff
    Pfffft...that's nothing.
    I'd shame a lemming pilot if they used words like best into meeting me at the lake to prove it, or they'd be ridiculed until they did. I couldn't stand words, wanted actions.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

2. Member
    https://www.facebook.com/rich.boger.5?ref=br_rs

That's the link to his Facebook page. Not much activity but he may keep it private to Friends.

3. Member

Quote Originally Posted by jerzia View Post
    Not looking for a reason to hate it, but more like looking for a reason to stick with it. Let's face it, what percentage of any trip is done WOT? Most lakes up here are way to congested most of the time, and the EFI loves to suck gas. Like anyone there is nothing like the feeling of running balls out, but most time is spent in the 3500 to 5000 RPM range. That I feel is where the prop does not shine. As I stated earlier, maybe more seat time with it will change my opinion. I would like to raise the motor more to get it to spool up quicker, but the drop in water pressure with only a minor amount of trim won't let me go there. I do agree with Pat that until I can run it WOT I won't know it's true potential. Having the nearest launch closed severely hampers the ability to get out on Lake Ontario very early in the morning calm. With the Trophy+ @5500RPM 3 1/2" below pad I was running roughly 67-68. That was with two 12' Talons. Add a partner, and full livewell it dropped to 64-65 at best. (a LOT of weight in the boat!) The good news is I do have at least a small baseline to work from.
    IMO the prop doesn't shine where you want because you added ass weight and didn't go down on pitch and with all 8 pvs holes open you have all out or nothing setup.

You would more
    likely find what you are looking for with a Bravo with a little less pitch and half of the pvs holes plugged.

In other words , unless someone is obsessed with running WFO Most all of the time, most would be better off reducing pitch and plugging holes.
    Last edited by LOSTTEXAN; 07-28-2017 at 11:49 PM.
    You Don't Know what you Don't Know until you Know.

1984 Champion 201/Yamaha 175
    1986 Ranger 390v/Yamaha 200
    2002 Viper Cobra Coosa 216/Mercury 225EFI
    2002 ProSports ProKat 2200/Twin Yamaha 150HPDIs

4. Member
    First off ran the prop with two plugs in it, and the front end drops over much faster. Still couldn't get a bunch of trim out of it before water pressure started to drop. Also no WOT today, too much traffic and boat wakes. As far as the pitch goes I talked to the dealer I bought it from. They told me to stick with the 25p and that the big diameter wheel is causing the slow spool up more than the pitch.

5. Banned
    You can drop it 1/4" and get the water pressure back up. There is no "one size fits all" on prop to pad settings.

6. Member
    If water pressure drops when you try to go to full trim, motor needs to drop down 1/4 inch maybe 1/2 inch... i can run my trophy 4 blade prop at 3 1/2 ptp but when i run my 23m or 25m i have to drop to 4 inch ptp....trophy being small hub M prop large hub...reason i have to drop motor is with the M props it will porpoise really bad at mid trim and 1/2 to 3/4 throttle...Just posting for example of different props characteristics...
    Bruce Phillips
    1995 190 DC champion ......1995 200 xri merc

7. Member
    A bit more seat time with the Bravo1XS and a few things to mention. I did have to drop the plate down to 3 1/2" where it originally was. Too much loss of water pressure any higher with even a moderate amount of trim. Pat is indeed correct that this prop unlike the Trophy+ makes the boat run much flatter. Different ride for sure. I did manage some WOT time as well. The Bravo and the Trophy both topping out at 63-64MPH @5300-5400 RPM. Maybe a smaller dia prop or having the 25P worked would help get me back to the 5500 or so I had before adding all the Talon ect weight. Holeshot with both props is about the same, but it takes much longer to get the Bravo spinning.(6 holes open, 2 plugged solid)

8. Member
    So the final result on all this is the Bravo 1xs 25p turned out to be the right prop after all. It turns out there were a couple of issues. The first big one was although it appeared I was hitting WOT, some adjustment was needed in the throttle linkage. Another was pulling one of the two remaining PVS plugs so now I'm running only one solid. The kicker was adding a foil from Chris Bailey. Yeah it still takes an extra second to get that big dia. wheel spinning, but once it does, it jumps up like a rocket. That includes having a partner with full tournament load and at least 30 gal. of gas. Alone the hole shot is amazing. I'm now hitting 64+mph at 5500RPM which is all I can realistically expect with the Talons, brackets, and close to 200lbs of batteries in the stern. After a bunch of seat time I've really grown to love the way the boat handles with this prop. I trusted Pat saying that high and flat with a bit of bow lift is really where the boat should be. I threw a Trophy+ on for a bit of comparison, and it now feels like too much of the boat was in the water.

9. Pat Goff
    I’m glad you are happy.
    I might should have been a little clearer on my comments. High and flat is really a 75+ mph event.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

10. Member
    It's quick enough for where and how I fish, and is as easy as driving my car. I do wish that old EFI was a little better on gas, but it is what it is. I find with the Bravo, the amount of trim I need is way less. It carries the boat much better than the Trophys.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123