Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    The boat drops over at about 4k. No blow out at all.

2. Member
    Maybe go back to basics with a tempest 3 blade.

3. Pat Goff
    Time out, let's not get overwhelmed here.
    UNTIL you can hold it down and run it to it's potential, you still don't know what you've got.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pmgoffjr View Post
    Time out, let's not get overwhelmed here.
    UNTIL you can hold it down and run it to it's potential, you still don't know what you've got.

Spoken like a genius, I think he's looking for a reason to hate the prop though.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Spoken like a genius, I think he's looking for a reason to hate the prop though.
    Not looking for a reason to hate it, but more like looking for a reason to stick with it. Let's face it, what percentage of any trip is done WOT? Most lakes up here are way to congested most of the time, and the EFI loves to suck gas. Like anyone there is nothing like the feeling of running balls out, but most time is spent in the 3500 to 5000 RPM range. That I feel is where the prop does not shine. As I stated earlier, maybe more seat time with it will change my opinion. I would like to raise the motor more to get it to spool up quicker, but the drop in water pressure with only a minor amount of trim won't let me go there. I do agree with Pat that until I can run it WOT I won't know it's true potential. Having the nearest launch closed severely hampers the ability to get out on Lake Ontario very early in the morning calm. With the Trophy+ @5500RPM 3 1/2" below pad I was running roughly 67-68. That was with two 12' Talons. Add a partner, and full livewell it dropped to 64-65 at best. (a LOT of weight in the boat!) The good news is I do have at least a small baseline to work from.

6. Banned
    Dang you can't run WOT? Most of our lakes you have to run WOT to outrun the ski boats, jet fleas, game wardens (total pain in the rear when they do inspections) and run 20 miles to your fishing spot. I can't imagine having to run half throttle, that wouldn't be any fun at all.

But seriously, if you don't need the bravo just sell it and get your money back.

7. Member
    Yeah it's a weird deal up here. Some smaller bays have a 25mph speed limit and most of the Finger Lakes have a 45MPH limit. Cayuga and Seneca have no limit. Running 20 miles to a fishing spot up here while not unheard of, is rare even in most tournaments. Of course large field or national events it is not uncommon. That is one of the beauties about northern bass fishing. While we have no where near the size fish you do down there, the numbers of catchable bass up here can sometimes be staggering. Tournaments are sometimes won without ever stating the big motor.

8. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    What do those Bravo's typically cost?

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fidgetcranker View Post
    What do those Bravo's typically cost?
    $565.00 ballpark

10. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Thanks gs.

11. Banned
    I should have mentioned that there's several different Bravo props, make sure to get the right one if you're thinking about it.

12. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Listen to Pat!!! He is your best bet for best performance!!! His experience is well past anything anyone else can compare!!!

13. Pat Goff
    I was just going to replace my throttle with a switch. ON or OFF.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

14. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    God, I love you!!! LOLOLOLO!!!

15. Banned
    I was just going to replace my throttle with a switch. ON or OFF.
    That's how we run in Texas! Lol

16. Member
    When I was teaching Isaac to drive the 203 he wouldn't believe me that it would run faster without max trim. Throw in a good prop and a hydraulic jackplate and now that boy has taught me how to drive. 27 Turbo TXP is our prop of choice on the 250 SHO. No power poles.

Have fun!

Peace,
    Don<><

17. Pat Goff
    Back when it mattered we spent a lot of hours figuring out what the true facts were. What became a fact was if you could get all the way on the center pad and off the turning chine your speed is about to make a sizeable jump. Now if you're compressing air under the hull it's going to slow you down.
    High and flat puts the pad angle level with the water and the hull goes through the air like a dart. Not as impressive as a big high bow lift but pretty is as pretty does.

And if nobody has figured this out yet I cheated at every opportunity. Rich Boger did my props, he did his thing to a tempest that made it run just perfect.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

18. Banned
    I wish that cat was still in business, anybody ever hear what he went into instead? I used to read his website for hours.

19. Pat Goff
    No idea, after the implosion I had no real motivation to find out.

I did a quicky search to no avail, what I did see what I'm not particularly proud of today, I was a real pendejo back in the day when it still mattered, sure didn't have any trouble getting in someones business.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

20. Banned
    No idea, after the implosion I had no real motivation to find out.

I did a quicky search to no avail, what I did see what I'm not particularly proud of today, I was a real pendejo back in the day when it still mattered, sure didn't have any trouble getting in someones business.

Was??? What was that nickname for your son in law again?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast