Crawlspace Contractor

Long story short, I purchased a house in Chesterfield that will need some work in the crawlspace to keep moisture to acceptable levels. Anyone have any input on the different companies in the area that do this kind of work? Any recommendations?

Thanks!
    Wishing I was Fishing

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    I used Bud's Heating and A/C. They did not encapsulate but they installed insulation, plastic and a dehumidifier. This has worked well. Call Chris Johnson at 592-0210 and tell him Amy's dad had you call.

Thanks guys. I'm going to crawl around the space this weekend and reach out after I do a little bit of recon. I'm tempted to do the job myself but I don't really have the time.
    Wishing I was Fishing

slicker n snot or black ice , but I bought a big roll or black plastic fro lowe's. carried the box under home. and at one end started and unrolled to other end in center, the worked the sides. so its wall to wall. already there is the air vents along walls. and no having under house floor as it was done when built. so was just drag myself, empty box and razor blade knife out, and shut and secure the access door. and done! I took my time and total 4 hrs or less. think 3 of that was a nap lolo...

I have a buddy that owns a small company doing that type of work.
    Patrick Debono
    River City Crawl
    804-380-0843

All good info. I'll make some calls early next week.

The house had some issues with excessive moisture in the crawlspace that resulted in extensive structural damage that was fixed by the sellers. My inspector said the ventilation was inadequate and this caused the damage. Vapor barrier also has some tears. There doesn't appear to be any bulk water issues.
    Wishing I was Fishing

9. Member
    Besides vapor barrier and ventilation vents, make sure you do not have excessive runoff draining back towards the foundation. Excessive water will find its way inside the crawl space.
    Hopefully you can get someone soon.

10. Member
    I 2nd JES.

11. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    I had jes do work in my crawl space. They had to redo support under living room and kitchen flooring where joists had rotted thru. It took 10 "smart jacks", support beams, etc. Also sprayed for mold and told me the vents needed to be closed off to prevent constant temperature fluctuations which cause condensation.

Contractor friend checked and said they did a very good job. Glad to hear that, as they were quite expensive.